Old Aug. 7th, '09, 9:14 pm   #1
Kiddstyle
Aug 2008 375
Default Gamespot Preview with Gameplay

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...ot;watchlink;3
Old Aug. 7th, '09, 9:35 pm   #2
Synyster Diablo

Jul 2008 4,884

Honestly, looks like everything EA has, just EA has refined it more and made it look more natural... Is it just me or does the skating just not look normal or close to normal? I don't like the box that pops up showing line changes...

I'm still going to try the demo but won't have high expectations...
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Samuel Johnson
Old Aug. 7th, '09, 9:54 pm   #3
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,094
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolute View Post
Honestly, looks like everything EA has, just EA has refined it more and made it look more natural... Is it just me or does the skating just not look normal or close to normal? I don't like the box that pops up showing line changes...

I'm still going to try the demo but won't have high expectations...
Yeah the skating with 2k since 2k7 has been pretty off. It looks alot better then what 2k8 and 2k9 did though, so it's a step in the right direction. I myself kinda like the box pop up but that's not a big deal either way.

Overall pretty impressed with that video. Finally looks like they are heading the right direction. The game still looks too fast/arcadey out of the box. I don't think it can compete with NHL 10 at all but I do think it's heading in the right direction. Ready for a demo to try it out.
Old Aug. 7th, '09, 11:41 pm   #4
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

one thing i do have to give them credit is that the arenas look fantastic

overall i am pretty impressed with the gameplay.. to me it looks like the gameplay from nhl 2k7, just a little bit more cleaner.

thank god they brought back in the create a team option.

Last edited by Jepockn; Aug. 7th, '09 at 11:46 pm.

Old Aug. 8th, '09, 1:00 am   #5
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

That video is definitely a step in the right direct. The skating is about a 85% now compared to last season which was around a 60%. The game looks pretty good and like others have said probably not a risk to EA at all but much closer than last season. I will definitely be getting the demo.
Old Aug. 8th, '09, 9:11 am   #6
Vega
speaks French, in Russian

Jul 2008 3,047
Orange Beach

"Team Budget" option sounds freaking awesome for Offline play. Anything to make Offline more difficult. Before NHL '07, I had always been a fan of 2k. EA always seemed more interested in making an Arcade experience. No doubt that EA has taken some huge strides while 2k just sat still. This is going to be the closest the two games have been since 2006, and the first year I may seriously consider buying both games.

Oh, and I agree, that Arena looks absolutely ridiculous.
Old Aug. 8th, '09, 10:09 am   #7
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,136
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Im happy to see 2k finally heading in the right direction. The game looks way better than last yrs version thats for sure. ill def DL the demo when it comes out.

EDIT: The only thing that bothers me is the shots. They are ROCKETS..lol

Last edited by DrugMonkeyRX; Aug. 8th, '09 at 10:11 am.