Old Jan. 6th, '10, 12:07 pm   #11
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,112
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOENIX View Post
Rivals gets my vote, Blades of Steel seemed too arcadey
That was the first game I bought for my xbox. In fact, as soon as I went live, the first night I played online, I met you playing Rivals (the fall of 2003). We hit it off and the rest is history.
Old Jan. 6th, '10, 12:13 pm   #12
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

yup that fateful night on Rivals, funny huh?

Old Jan. 6th, '10, 1:17 pm   #13
Blaudawg
Bulldawg Nation's Finest

Jun 2008 512
Georgia
Send a message via MSN to Blaudawg Send a message via AIM to Blaudawg

Rivals was awesome, i mean it was no NHL Hitz but it was a great game
Old Jan. 6th, '10, 1:33 pm   #14
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

imagine if Microsoft bought 2K Sports and came up with Rivals 2K11? that would be cool...

Old Jan. 12th, '10, 3:43 pm   #15
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

or better yet...

EA hires the NHL 2K team and create the perfect game incorporating the best of both titles?

Old Jan. 12th, '10, 3:54 pm   #16
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,112
Toronto

Quote:
or better yet...

EA hires the NHL 2K team and create the perfect game incorporating the best of both titles?
I agree, if EA took their titles and incorporated 2K's website support for online leagues....I'd be in heaven!
Old Jan. 12th, '10, 4:09 pm   #17
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
or better yet...

I know you are joking but honestly I think that would be bad. The biggest issues with EA hockey are:

a) Servers - Hiring or buying out 2k would not help this problem at all.
b) EA's Website - The EA site is based on a broad band of sports games. They don't have individual sites for each game so this is another part that won't be improved.
c) Cheesing - This will be a problem until they re-write the entire game engine which won't happen for several years (or longer).

The only thing I can see being a benefit of buying out 2k is that the game presentation might improve. 2K always seems to do a better job at that part of the game.

EA needs to hire a better manager of their servers as well as re-think their entire Website. Considering the size of the company it is hard to believe that they can have such a slow, laggy, bug ridden piece of crap they call a site..
Old Jan. 12th, '10, 5:26 pm   #18
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

EA needs to hire you.

Old Jan. 12th, '10, 5:36 pm   #19
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
I know you are joking but honestly I think that would be bad. The biggest issues with EA hockey are:

a) Servers - Hiring or buying out 2k would not help this problem at all.
b) EA's Website - The EA site is based on a broad band of sports games. They don't have individual sites for each game so this is another part that won't be improved.
c) Cheesing - This will be a problem until they re-write the entire game engine which won't happen for several years (or longer).

The only thing I can see being a benefit of buying out 2k is that the game presentation might improve. 2K always seems to do a better job at that part of the game.

EA needs to hire a better manager of their servers as well as re-think their entire Website. Considering the size of the company it is hard to believe that they can have such a slow, laggy, bug ridden piece of crap they call a site..
While I could never see EA doing that, think they will try to keep the NHL series as cheap as possible to make, I don't think it'd be a bad idea. 2k Has a great league based website. That's something EA could learn from right there. The one thing I think EA could really take form 2k is the amount of sliders they have and the ability to change them. You should be able to set up a online league changing any and all sliders you want, to make it play the way the league wants.

However, I still don't think this means the end of 2k. Honestly, they've already gotten more marketing around 2k11 then they did all of 2k10, since they decided to make 2k10 look like a Wii exclusive. If anything changes, I'd expect they may drop the PS3 and focus on just the Wii and 360. But honestly, I expect to see a version of 2k11 come out next year along with NHL 11, only difference this year will be that I'll pick up 2k first and then rent NHL 11.
Old Jan. 12th, '10, 5:49 pm   #20
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

Quote:
Fiscal Report Absence Suggests End Of NHL 2K Series
2K Sports says that they are "evaluating" their sports portfolio and have not announced an NHL game
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177400

I am not sure I have seen any hype around NHL 2K11 other than there might not be one.

Last edited by Phoenix 2.0; Jan. 12th, '10 at 5:52 pm.