XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Other sport topics

Old Jan. 14th, '14, 8:12 pm   #131
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,141
Winnipeg, Manitoba

The "Yes" chant is the best thing they've given fans in a very long time.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jan. 14th, '14, 8:21 pm   #132
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,694
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

I don't know how they haven't given Daniel Bryan a long title run yet. I haven't heard chants like that since the Attitude Era.

#proudnewfie
Old Jan. 14th, '14, 8:37 pm   #133
Novicain13
XBS Lumbus

Sep 2011 869
Buffalo
Send a message via MSN to Novicain13 Send a message via AIM to Novicain13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott50 View Post
I don't know how they haven't given Daniel Bryan a long title run yet. I haven't heard chants like that since the Attitude Era.

They probably think the yes chant is more over than him. But as we can see it's not.
Old Jan. 14th, '14, 9:02 pm   #134
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,141
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Pro wrestling is very much a business run on whims and politics. As long as there's a top guy in place like Cena, there isn't a huge concern to fill up the rest of the card with quality, just to look for what catches on with the kids.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jan. 14th, '14, 9:29 pm   #135
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Can you imagine a long feud with Punk and Bryan just both being shades of gray. They're both great wrestlers and very much over. It could be a throwback to some of the old rivalries.

Old Jan. 15th, '14, 12:25 am   #136
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,547
Pittsburgh, PA

Mae Young passed away, remember all her crazy stuff she always did when I was big into wrestling haha.. Seemed loved by everyone involved in the business RIP

Also those Yes chants gave me chills that's incredible

Last edited by Nico 916 Suave; Jan. 15th, '14 at 12:48 am.

Old Jan. 15th, '14, 3:32 am   #137
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,141
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Mae Young entertained us in more ways than any female wrestler before or since ever could. Some said the schtick she used as a horny old lady between 1999-2010 was exploitative and wrong, but she was responsible for some of the funniest moments on the program for a long time. That she was willing to let Bubba Ray Dudley powerbomb her OFF the entranceway and THROUGH a damn table in her late 70s makes her the most extreme Diva there ever will be, in my books.

Here's a little celebration they had for her on last year's Old School Raw. Very fitting.

Old Jan. 29th, '14, 3:35 am   #138
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,547
Pittsburgh, PA

Hard to link stuff from mobile but it's being reported that Punk was just removed from all shows moving forward. Some people saying injuries etc. others in the biz are saying they expected him not to sign back, pretty crazy if he just drops.

Old Jan. 29th, '14, 10:46 am   #139
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,563
Canada

I was watching a few interviews with Punk recently, and it seemed like he lost his passion for the business, seemed like he just wasn't happy.
Old Jan. 29th, '14, 11:37 am   #140
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,547
Pittsburgh, PA

I could understand him being semi-upset but still okay with guys like The Rock coming back to main even even if they were part timers... But Batista that must have been the straw that broke the camels back, he wasn't even considered top card talent when he was in, he never got the roars of the crowd, what he has is some C- grade movies and now he's main eventing wrestlemania. I don't blame Punk...
Maybe he thinks if he goes part timer he might main event