Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Everything Else

Old Jul. 9th, '08, 12:30 pm   #11
TommyNuGuns

Jul 2008 924
Lebanon,Ohio
Send a message via AIM to TommyNuGuns Send a message via Yahoo to TommyNuGuns

I'm thinking about picking this one up eventually. I tried out the demo and really enjoyed. Only problem is whenever I get into these types of games I don't put in the time required to get the full enjoyment out of them.
Old Jul. 9th, '08, 12:39 pm   #12
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyNuGuns View Post
Only problem is whenever I get into these types of games I don't put in the time required to get the full enjoyment out of them.
That's been my problem with every game I buy/rent lately I don't play video games nearly as much as I'd like anymore. I was just telling pixel that I tried to play the other night, got 5 minutes into playing and was bored. I almost need to force myself to play. I usually spend so much time at the site that I spend more time talking about games than playing them.
Old Jul. 9th, '08, 2:24 pm   #13
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

I am off to buy the game right now... if anyone else gets it feel free to hit me up and we'll play.
Old Jul. 10th, '08, 8:09 am   #14
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,679
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
I wasn't aware that revolution was on the PC? I thought it was 360/PS3/DS only?
If that is the case I probably won't get it.
Old Jul. 10th, '08, 8:14 am   #15
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
If that is the case I probably won't get it.
Yeah I'm pretty sure thats the deal, it was built utilizing principles from Civ4 but with consoles in mind from day 1 of development. You can pick up Civ4 and probably both expansion packs on eBay for the same price as Revolution.

Old Jul. 10th, '08, 10:55 am   #16
TommyNuGuns

Jul 2008 924
Lebanon,Ohio
Send a message via AIM to TommyNuGuns Send a message via Yahoo to TommyNuGuns

Well I got the game last night and I thought it was alot of fun. Really easy to get into and many different ways you can achieve victory. I was able to go through the game twice. First time I went through as the americans but I was on an easy setting and plowed through game fairly easy. Next time I went through as a Japaneese civilization but raised the difficulty up some and it went down to the wire and was pretty intense.

I was surprised at how fairly quickly the time moves along in the game and how soon it was over. I was hoping there would be a keep on playing option after you achieve victory status but there doesn't seem to be that option. Although the game goes by fairly quickly (couple hours) there is alot of different civilizations to try out as well as multiple ways of winning. There is also a game of the week feature which seems nice. A new game with different conditions is updated every Sunday and you can try these out and get ranked on a leaderboard. I also tried out one game online but it wasn't a good experience. I'm sure this is something that would 100 times better playing with people you know. You make your moves and then you have to wait for everyone else to make theres. I don't know what the deal was but someone kept using there whole alotted time and it made the game drag on forever. Two people eventually dropped out and I eventually did as well as I couldn't take it anymore. Probably much better with friends.
Old Jul. 10th, '08, 7:06 pm   #17
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

i just picked it up today so if anyone wants to play an online game give me a shout

Old Jul. 11th, '08, 2:47 am   #18
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

I will probably be on this weekend playing it. I have played a few games with 3 humans but I want to try it with 4 and do teams of 2. I think it would be a blast.

I will hit you up if we play.
Old Jul. 11th, '08, 3:34 pm   #19
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
I will probably be on this weekend playing it. I have played a few games with 3 humans but I want to try it with 4 and do teams of 2. I think it would be a blast.

I will hit you up if we play.
I got it in the mail just now so I'd be willing. As long as someone doesn't mind having an idiot on their team
Old Jul. 11th, '08, 3:44 pm   #20
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

I played a few games online last night and it was very enjoyable. One game we had the timer turned off and the game took around 3.5 to 4 hours to play. Then the second one we turned on the timer to the quickest option and the game was around 2.5 hours.

I didn't have a problem playing on the quick mode but it was too quick later on in the game for the guy with a large army as the fight scenes don't stop the clock so if you are attacking a lot of guys at once it makes it difficult.

I look forward to trying teams next as we only did Free For All. So far I am loving the game.

Tags
civilization, endwar, rts