Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Everything Else

Old Jun. 19th, '08, 4:46 pm   #1
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo
Default Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

Has anyone tried the demo? Anyone planning on getting it?

I've heard very positive things about the game and the demo, but I just don't think I'll have the time/patience to put into the game. It sounds fun and as if it's my type of game, but I just don't know if enough people will get it.

I know EndWar is highly anticipated by some of our members (especially after I hyped it up to pixel), so I think I might just hold off for that. The "Real Time Strategy" appeals to me more than "Turn-Based". Not that it matters though, I am horrible at any strategy games but they always interest me anyway.
Old Jun. 19th, '08, 5:31 pm   #2
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

well this game is defiantly on my maybe list. i loved playing old civilization games on my pc back in the day so i would imagine this would be nothing different.

Old Jun. 19th, '08, 6:18 pm   #3
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

I downloaded the demo and it is a fun game. They made it a little more "bubbly" then civilization 4, maybe to make it easier to use on the XBox. I will be getting it but some of the features I liked about it they removed for the platform so it is hard to tell how good it will be. Demos work well for sports games and shooters but not great for RTS as you don't get to see how everything develops.

I know of a couple of guys who will be getting it... if nobody was I am not sure I would either but as long as a few people I know get it, I think the game will be worth it.

EndWar sucks according to Vince Vega who is currently beta testing it. I was very disappointed in hearing that.
Old Jul. 8th, '08, 4:38 pm   #4
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Gamefly just sent my rental today so I should have it by the end of the week. I'll probably play a bit of single player first to understand what I'm supposed to do.

I heard the tutorials are nice, but it's better to just play the game since the tutorials are so long.
Old Jul. 8th, '08, 4:48 pm   #5
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

i am planning on picking this one up.. i went looking today kinda on my way home but nothing at wal mart or best buy.

Old Jul. 8th, '08, 5:17 pm   #6
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

I have Civ4 and one of the expansion packs for the PC, so I'll stick with that. I like a lot of depth in turn-based games, and from what I read they stripped a lot out of the console version. I wish they didn't treat everyone on a console like they have no patience. Why not go with the real version and have a "lite" version or something that makes it easier to pick up and play?

Too bad about Endwar, I was looking forward to that one big time.

Old Jul. 8th, '08, 5:34 pm   #7
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
I wish they didn't treat everyone on a console like they have no patience.
The games still can take 2-3 hours, just not 8, 12, 20 hours like the PC version (read that in a magazine). If games were that long on the 360, the paint would be peeling from my walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
Too bad about Endwar, I was looking forward to that one big time.
No offense, but I'll wait to hear from different reviewers before getting bummed. I don't know Vince too well so I don't know how into strategy games he is. Therefore, I can only take it with a grain of salt. If he went in expecting it to be a Ghost Recon game, he'll have the wrong impression for sure.

Not saying EndWar isn't a bad game, I'll just wait for more reviews and especially wait until it gets closer to release (release is in October as of now).
Old Jul. 8th, '08, 7:14 pm   #8
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

Well I won't write off Endwar until I can play it for myself and read reviews. IGN's early impressions seemed promising.

Old Jul. 9th, '08, 10:13 am   #9
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,679
Boston

I will probably pick this up for the PC/Laptop. I've played many iterations of the Civilization series, and it should prove to be a good passtime on the laptop when I have to travel for work.
Old Jul. 9th, '08, 10:53 am   #10
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

I wasn't aware that revolution was on the PC? I thought it was 360/PS3/DS only?

Tags
civilization, endwar, rts