XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Site Help

Old Feb. 4th, '11, 2:09 am   #21
amazingviper
The Elite
Jun 2010 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
OK, I tried something to see if this worked. Now I really need your help.

I thought maybe it was a corrupted cookie or something, so I logged myself out, cleared the cookies, and came back to XBS. Without being logged in, the site is super fast. I can navigate without problems. But then I can't post or see private forums. I log back in again, and its super slow and sometimes I still get the errors.

Any other suggestions short of telling me to change browsers?
Had the same problem for a couple of days. I was never really active before with lack of computer access so I didn't know if it was always like that or maybe just a problem with my new CPU. Somewhat relieved that it's not just me.
[img]https://49.media.tumblr.com/2a679b8a5ac8a0389a57d60aae2dd750/tumblr_njsdd3NgXm1qzx229o3_500.gif [/img]
Old Feb. 4th, '11, 2:27 am   #22
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

hosting company perhaps? with the live draft tonight it got crazy slow or would crash altogether...

it's unfortunate but it happens

Old Feb. 4th, '11, 2:29 am   #23
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Site working great for me today! If it ever happens again, maybe I'll have to create another account to see if that works. Strange that the same thing would happen on both my work and home computers.
'
time of day/ site traffic or just people rushing to see the awesomeness that is XBS.

Old Feb. 4th, '11, 8:31 am   #24
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,674
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Definitely not time of day Rob because it was constant. Morning, afternoon, night. Weekday. Weekend. Holiday. Leap year (LOL).

Its been working fine for me now. Something was definitely off though for my account because my avatar title was all screwed up with code one day, then my birthday and info was removed from the calendar, and the site worked perfectly for me if I was not logged in.

Old Oct. 3rd, '11, 7:49 am   #25
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,674
South Amboy, NJ

Having this problem again. Anyone else?

When I try to load the site or navigate through I sometimes get a blank screen, sometimes get a message "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.", or sometimes partially loads. If I hit refresh a couple of times it usually comes through.

Its most annoying when I attempt to post because I won't know if it actually went through or not. If for some reason a double post comes through, this is why.

Anyone else experiencing this or am I the lucky fellow again? Happens at the office, where I am on DSL and at home where I am on Cable, so I know its not the computer or just related to my ISP.

And now its saying 300 seconds between posts? I thought it was much shorter than that?

Old Oct. 3rd, '11, 8:31 am   #26
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,536
Canada

Hummm...don't know J...the odd time I will have an issue but that is when there are multiple drains on my connection....works fine when that is not happening. I know very little about this kind of thing though...sorry that is all I got.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Oct. 3rd, '11, 9:05 am   #27
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,674
South Amboy, NJ

Thanks Pat. Yeah its strange. It shows itself every couple of months or so. And when it does its extremely frustrating. I hope it eventually fixes itself quickly. I'm the only one who ever seems to have this problem for an extended period. Not that I know how a site like this works from a coding standpoint, but all I can think of is that the sector of the server my account is located goes wonky every now and again causing this. Cause I can usually log out and view the site perfectly.

I didn't want to say I'm still running Internet Explorer instead of Firefox for fear of being ribbed again.

Old Oct. 3rd, '11, 9:12 am   #28
IIx Omark xII
May 2009 2,001
Stony Mountain, Manitoba
Send a message via MSN to IIx Omark xII Send a message via AIM to IIx Omark xII Send a message via Skype™ to IIx Omark xII

Quote:
Thanks Pat. Yeah its strange. It shows itself every couple of months or so. And when it does its extremely frustrating. I hope it eventually fixes itself quickly. I'm the only one who ever seems to have this problem for an extended period. Not that I know how a site like this works from a coding standpoint, but all I can think of is that the sector of the server my account is located goes wonky every now and again causing this. Cause I can usually log out and view the site perfectly.

I didn't want to say I'm still running Internet Explorer instead of Firefox for fear of being ribbed again.
Explorer still !!?!?! Im only kidding OTH
Old Oct. 3rd, '11, 9:19 am   #29
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,536
Canada

I can't seem to load anything with explorer.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Oct. 3rd, '11, 9:22 am   #30
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,123
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Really? I've had more problems with Chrome than with IE. And for the record, on IE, I've had no issues here.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne