Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Nintendo

Old Aug. 17th, '08, 7:00 pm   #21
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
To me it just seems like a nifty add-on. I'm sure the next generation of systems from MS and Sony will incorporate similar controls for some games. I don't see how anyone could get by with just a Wii unless it was a kid. With all the systems they are selling, isn't MS still selling more software per console?
I kinda put the Wii in the same category as Sony's six axis controller. Since having the PS3, I've never really used the six axis. I've played with it a few times but it always seemed like a gimmick to me.
Old Aug. 17th, '08, 7:52 pm   #22
CSampson
H. Hammerstein #77
Jul 2008 2,925
Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to CSampson

I don't think anyone here is the target audience for the wii, so it's expected that not too many people here will find a direct use for it. The Wii is a gateway console, aimed at the "casual" gamer. I do agree it is a fad and a gimmick, but hey, it's working. A lot more people are getting into video games this way, and that is nothing but great for the industry.

I've had temptation at the time to buy one but I've held out and have been happy with not buying one.
Old Aug. 18th, '08, 5:56 am   #23
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

I'm not sure that it is great for the industry. I don't want all the companies to jump on the bandwagon of making easy games while leaving out features for "hardcore" gamers like us. The suits that run these companies follow trends and what sells. I just don't want to see them direct their developers to implement more novice friendly features at the expense of something cool that we would actually like. It might not come to that, just a little concerned.

Old Sep. 15th, '08, 11:54 am   #24
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,339
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

the games with the real development teams are still going to sell more in the end, because the hardcore gamers, and the average gamer will still want to buy the best games in mass numbers right? it will just create alot of new game companies that will be creating the easier to play games. i would hope anyways
]
Old Sep. 15th, '08, 12:28 pm   #25
Mullet
I'm Alive!!
Jul 2008 596
Nashville, TN
Send a message via MSN to Mullet Send a message via AIM to Mullet Send a message via Skype™ to Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones56 View Post
I agree and disagree. I have had one for a while now and I never touch it, I recently moved it where the wife watches tv in hopes that she will play with it!! Anyway 5 months later and nothing. If i had more time i would probably play it. I have a hard enough time trying to find the time to play the PS3..
My girlfriend is also demanding it due to an overwhelming amount of time of me on the 360. This is the situation I don't want to run into though. It might be worth $350 if the old lady doesn't make me trash 09..
Old Sep. 25th, '08, 5:32 pm   #26
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,694
Boston

I'm probably going to pick one up for the wife and kids for X-mas.

Old Oct. 1st, '08, 7:39 am   #27
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,841
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Good luck finding one, unless you want to get raped on EBay.

I actually saw a whole mess of Wii Fit in my local Best Buy and had it in my hand for purchase for myself, but decided against it because I've had some recent back problems, and the configuration of my TV room wouldn't allow me to have a full range of motion anyways. Wish I would have just bought the darn thing.

Old Oct. 1st, '08, 7:46 am   #28
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

I am starting to see a lot of them around my area, if anyone wants one i will ship it out to you!!

Old Oct. 1st, '08, 7:51 am   #29
XBoxJon

Jun 2008 6,876
St. Louis, MO

My boys love their Wii (6 and 4) and my wife even plays with them on occasion. I can't get into it though. I'm an achievement whore, and unless Wii games start giving me point on my XBL gamertag, I just can't pick up the controller. lol
Old Oct. 1st, '08, 10:07 am   #30
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Well you're going to have Mii's on the 360 soon, achievements might be coming for the Wii. You never know.