Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Sep. 21st, '18, 5:14 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,189
Long Island, NY
XBS Season 23 Ownership Update

Hello Fellow XBS Members,

Though the start of the season has been a bit derailed while we await the patch from EA, we are still working behind the scenes to be ready when that patch drops. With that being said, we wanted to update you a bit on the owners that we have chosen so far to head our teams this season.

Season 23 Owners

Nico 916 Suave
Gorgeous Gade as he is known to his fans around the world, takes his first crack at ownership with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Nico has played just about every position here as a player and has been very successful no matter where he suits up. I'm assuming as an owner, that his success as a player will translate into a impressive debut as an owner as well. When it comes to the draft, I'm guessing he will build his team to be the best looking on the ice but also a team that opponents will fear. Suddenly, things are looking mighty beautiful in Pittsburgh.

LegendOfLayNher
Following his rookie run as an owner where his Los Angeles Kings finished second overall in the standings, Laynher returns to run the Chicago Blackhawks. As a rookie owner, Laynher learned some valuable lessons that experience should only improve his skills as an owner this season. And as a bonus, Laynher always has been and continues to be one of the top goaltenders here at XBS so he has the luxury of starting off his roster with the goaltending duties sewn up. With the season of experience under his belt there is no doubt about the quality product he will put on the ice.

slickeeeslick
As our first rookie to offer his services as an owner, slickeee certainly is no rookie to XBS. He has played over 250 games, 41 of which were playoff games, in multiple positions here at XBS. He is also a two time Cup winner at XBS and made the Season 17 All Star team as a goaltender for the St. Louis Blues. Slickeee is one of the most flexible and steadiest performers on the ice and if he can bring those same qualities to the table as an owner, his team will be a competitive one throughout the season. So despite his rookie status as an owner, don't underestimate the squad that he assembles in St. Louis as they will definitely turn some heads.

BleedBlueBlood
BBB will be pulling double duty this season both as an admin and as an owner of the hated Toronto Maple Leafs and he who's name we shall not speak (hint: JT). BBB has been around XBS since the beginning of the Ice Age and it's even rumored that he sleeps in his XBS footy pajamas and bed sheets in his home in Toronto. He will be looking to do what his real life Leafs haven't accomplished in a very long time and win a championship, even if it's on the virtual ice. In all seriousness though, BBB knows XBS and the players at XBS better than his own family and any team that he puts together will certainly be a challenge night in and night out.

Makakk88
Similar to his counterpart in Toronto, Makakk will be pulling double duty as well. It took some convincing to get this Frenchman to head a team but for the good of the league he is looking to bring the Detroit Red Wings back to the promised land. Pierre has always been one of the most well rounded players here at XBS both in the offensive zone and defensive zone and his team will be built around that same philosophy. If you are looking to see just how good of a player he is, check his player page. He has all the hardware as a player but can he get his team to do the same? You can count on it.

Whiplash444
We now have our second rookie to enter the ranks of ownership as Whiplash has decided to run the ship for the Vegas Golden Knights. Always known as one of the nicest, laid back guys here at XBS, Whip will bring that same demeanor to his team regardless of whether they are winning or losing. As a rookie owner, anyone is bound to hit a few bumps along the way and that will certainly be no different for Whip. But with a good draft and quality leadership he should figure things out pretty quickly and have his team on the winning track in no time. Plus, he is an Islanders fan so he's pretty damn intelligent.

Congratulations and Thank you to all of the selections. We are looking forward to getting the season started so thank you for your patience as EA works on getting the patch out.

Sincerely,

Last edited by DustyRytStyk; Sep. 24th, '18 at 4:57 pm.

Old Sep. 21st, '18, 5:49 pm   #2
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,637
Pittsburgh, PA

Awesome write up man... Thanks guys for the opportunity, I'm looking forward to it!

Gorgeous Sour Grape Warming Oil CEOs going against each other this year? Trouble in paradise

Old Sep. 21st, '18, 6:02 pm   #3
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,190
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico 916 Suave View Post
Awesome write up man... Thanks guys for the opportunity, I'm looking forward to it!

Gorgeous Sour Grape Warming Oil CEOs going against each other this year? Trouble in paradise
At least the friction should be minimal lol

Thanks for the not so awesome write up Dusty... I'll pick you in round 11, of 10.

Seriously though, really looking forward to this. I haven't been an owner in a long time and I can't wait to put together my team with the great list of players that is shaping up.

Plus working with this list of owners will be a blast as they are all great guys.

Old Sep. 21st, '18, 8:06 pm   #4
LayNher
Mar 2016 281
Florida

Good work Dusty. I’m pumped!

Old Sep. 21st, '18, 10:44 pm   #5
allthway
Master
May 2014 724

Congrats guys! Glad to see some new faces.

Anxious to see Scott bring the Leafs back to the promise land!

Old Sep. 22nd, '18, 10:54 am   #6
BIGD
Apr 2018 54
grand bend ontario

Wow! Great list of owners so far....... going to be a great season playing for anyone or two or three of these owners depending on how wild the trades are this season lol.

Old Sep. 22nd, '18, 11:07 am   #7
The_Clusk
Sep 2018 15
North Carolina

Congrats to those selected! Stoked to get this season rolling, and ready to play for whichever team selects me. Best of luck this season to all!

Old Sep. 22nd, '18, 2:09 pm   #8
KT
Jul 2008 5,199
Vancouver, B.C

Great looking group of owners, congrats guys! Should be a fun season

Old Sep. 23rd, '18, 4:20 pm   #9
GetLowBanks
aka: RickJamezl3ish

May 2011 1,247
Windsor

Congrats guys, looking good!

Old Sep. 23rd, '18, 6:48 pm   #10