Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Aug. 13th, '18, 1:48 pm   #1
allthway
Master
May 2014 726
Default Week 4 Power Rankings - The last one...

Week 4 Record: (5-5-0) Season Record: (24-11-0)
Anyone else getting tired of hearing about Los Angeles? I could easily of placed Philly in the first spot this week, but I'm not sure I can justify taking LA out of the top spot. They have that one thing I loved as an owner and that is the ability to play anyone anywhere. Five differ ent guys played defense last week. Both of their goalies are more than capable of contributing elsewhere. Not to mention both of their goalies very well could be in the Vezina conversation. The rookie (Sabres) and Dusty continue to play well and the defense and goaltending still have given up the least amount of goals. So this week is cruise control for the Kings, they're in the playoffs only thing up for grabs is the top of the standings and a bye week.

Key Player: BIGD - Forward - 4gp | 2g | 5a | 7pts --- Defense - 2gp | 0g | 0a | 0pts
I just love this guy, I was fortunate enough to be teammates with him last season and I couldn't let this year go buy without acknowledging him. He also had a 89.0 D-rating this week and came just shy of averaging 2 points per game on forward.

Week 4 Record: (5-2-3) Season Record: (12-17-6)
Philly very easily could of walked out of the week in a playoff spot but they missed out. This was one of the best weeks I've seen them play and I think with the final week coming up they're going to be deadly. The Broad Street Bullies have a chip on their shoulder and I suggest everyone look out. No matter the outcome Philly is going to be fun to watch this week. They also had an unexpected change in net and you have to wonder if that made the difference??

Key Player: Nutty Grandpa - Defense - 2gp | 1g | 1a | 2pts --- Goalie - 8gp | 1.88gaa | .850%
I mention Nutty because he had a hell of a week, truthfully should of mentioned him as one of the three stars and I didn't. For that I apologize as you may of taken the #1 goalie spot over there in Philly.

Week 4 Record: (5-4-1) Season Record: (20-11-5)
Kabbot this Kabbot that, look at Kabbot. I was told to mention him over and over. Slightly undermanned Colorado pulled off a decent week and showed their depth. Kabbot even played 6 games at forward and had 10 points. all D ratings were high this week too, and KT lead the team with 12 points from the blue line.

Key Player: kabbott50 - Forward - 6gp | 7g | 3a | 10pts --- Defense - 2gp | 2g | 0a | 2pts
Kabbot.

Week 4 Record: (5-4-1) Season Record: (15-18-3)
Much improved offensive performance this week for the Leafs but they're walking that fine line with Philly. This is going to be fun to watch, but as it sits I favor Philly to take the last spot. When I asked Fluky to sum up this week in one sentence he responded by saying "a glimpse of hope has been spotted". It has, its their best week but how will it pan out with just a few games lefT?

Key Player: Jeannot004 - Defense - 6gp | 0g | 2a | 2pts
Someone I've never played wth but seems to be making a name for himself back there, he had a solid 89.8 D-rating and chipped in a couple of assist for good measure. Seems to be the strong defensemen you don't want to see on your side of the ice.

Hello
Old Aug. 13th, '18, 2:04 pm   #2
BIGD
Apr 2018 57
grand bend ontario

Well done and thank you for the kind words. Its going to be a very fun week of hockey to watch.

Old Aug. 13th, '18, 2:09 pm   #3
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,196
Long Island, NY

Wow, I just threw up after reading that Colorado piece...lol. Thanks for doing this and thanks for the mention once again.

Old Aug. 13th, '18, 2:24 pm   #4
allthway
Master
May 2014 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRytStyk View Post
Wow, I just threw up after reading that Colorado piece...lol. Thanks for doing this and thanks for the mention once again.
I didnít want to get benched.

Hello
Old Aug. 13th, '18, 2:51 pm   #5
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,200
Toronto

It's the only Sir Selfish I know....

Thanks for putting that together Russ.

Old Aug. 13th, '18, 3:03 pm   #6
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,760
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

When you're good, you're good. And when you're power hungry and threaten your players, you get results.

Thanks Russ!

#proudnewfie
Old Aug. 13th, '18, 3:14 pm   #7
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,196
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott50 View Post
When you're good, you're good. And when you're power hungry and threaten your players, you get results.

Thanks Russ!
Nothing like blackmailing your own players...though I'm not suprised

Old Aug. 13th, '18, 3:33 pm   #8
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,760
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRytStyk View Post
Nothing like blackmailing your own players...though I'm not suprised
Well, duuuuh.

#proudnewfie
Old Aug. 13th, '18, 3:58 pm   #9
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,369
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Well done Russ don't try and cause trouble in Philly

Old Aug. 13th, '18, 4:37 pm   #10
Makakk88
Just Joe

May 2011 1,143

Kabbot.