Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > Nintendo

Old May. 13th, '09, 1:56 pm   #21
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,842
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Probably....but since "This Content Has Been Removed", now it's work safe.

Old May. 13th, '09, 2:57 pm   #22
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Just click the words "Punch-Out Rap Video" and it will take you to the site where it is there. Break might have blocked our application from direct linking.

*EDIT* It's not blocked but for some reason that video is no longer embedded on our site. Worked fine before.

Last edited by jujimum; May. 13th, '09 at 3:00 pm.
Old May. 14th, '09, 8:15 am   #23
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,842
South Amboy, NJ

I clicked the link, and get 404 Error when it goes to their site. Bummer. No biggie. Would rather have the game right now than see the video.

I got some e-mail invite to the Nintendo Store in NYC to play in a Punch Out tourney on Saturday, but I am unable to go. Boo!!!

Old May. 14th, '09, 11:46 am   #24
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Break keeps changing the link. This one might work. Trust me, for me, it's not worth the trouble of finding this I just thought fans of the game would find it funny:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=82444
Old May. 14th, '09, 12:28 pm   #25
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,842
South Amboy, NJ

Thanks for going through the trouble Jim. I actually had a chuckle at it.

Old May. 20th, '09, 1:38 pm   #26
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,842
South Amboy, NJ

Picked this up last night. Only fought through the minor and major circuits cause I wanted to get back to UFC. I haven't fought anyone from the World Circuit.

I didn't know this had Balance Board support. I thought that would make it cool, but it actually made it impossible because I would try to duck and it would register as a dodge.

Played using motion control. Didn't add too much to the game since you just have to generically throw punches and height is controlled by if you are pressing the thumbstick or not. I'll play it all the way through once with motion controls, then I'll try to do the time trials or whatever they are called using classic controls. I remember having fun trying to shave off the time of my victories in Super Punchout and looking for the right opportunity to counter. I think it will be easier using classic controls for this as well (holding the Wii-mote sideways).

Nostalgia of this game is awesome. Great to see a lot of the old characters get an "anime" makeover. They look very good.

I have to say though the game wasn't as "fun" as I remembered. Gameplay is way basic, which is they way it is supposed to be cause of the limits of the NES at the time. I think the timing of it coming out the same day as UFC hurt this game a little for me.