Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Racing

Old Sep. 4th, '09, 1:12 pm   #1
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,710
St. Louis, Mo
Default Forza Motorsport 3

Figured it's time to start talking about this bad boy. I'll be posting more later when I have more time, but for now I just need to say

For the car artist's out there, it sounds like they've added and tweaked tools even more Sounds like the eBay-like selling of your art will be even better. A guy I used to race with over at GUG (sworth1840) was one of the best car artists.

For the racers who like to create fun races and rooms or even regular races, EVERY thing seems to be tweakable as well. Force people into views, change the physics, etc.

According to OXM, Take 10 is calling the people who tweak these settings and upload them "social coordinators". Should be fun to download these user settings. Some will be lame, but I'm sure the good one's will quickly rise to the top.

The two discs (and forced download of one) isn't too appealing to me, but the look of this game and my absolute love for the first two has me more than excited. I just hope I can afford it when it comes out
Old Sep. 4th, '09, 1:35 pm   #2
brokenpost510
Banned
Jul 2008 458
Send a message via MSN to brokenpost510 Send a message via Skype™ to brokenpost510

this game should be amazing, i can't wait for it myself.
GP 21 W 11 L 9 OTL 1 GAA 5.15 s% .785 Shutouts 1
[IMG]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5134/brokenpostcopy.png[/IMG]
Old Sep. 5th, '09, 6:46 am   #3
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

While I loved Forza 2 and will probably also love Forza 3, without a league, I'm not really sure it's a much buy for me. I never have found the offline racing of Forza that exciting. So it's pretty much all online. The new forcing on and off sounds cool, so maybe you'll be able to join sim races, where hopefully some of the more stupid casual stuff doesn't happen.
Old Sep. 5th, '09, 5:24 pm   #4
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
While I loved Forza 2 and will probably also love Forza 3, without a league, I'm not really sure it's a much buy for me. I never have found the offline racing of Forza that exciting. So it's pretty much all online. The new forcing on and off sounds cool, so maybe you'll be able to join sim races, where hopefully some of the more stupid casual stuff doesn't happen.
I am the same way. Although I enjoy throwing it in and doing a few races, it will get old to me quickly if there is no league for it. I am hoping that when we finish the NBA league that this game will still be popular enough to create a league for it but it is still too early to know when that will be.
Old Sep. 5th, '09, 6:07 pm   #5
Decade
For your health!

Aug 2008 1,194
Winnipeg, MB
Send a message via MSN to Decade Send a message via Skype™ to Decade

I would get this game just to be in a league for it, that would be sweet!
Old Sep. 5th, '09, 7:17 pm   #6
PLAYMKR
Ultimate Niner Fan

Aug 2008 872
Wylie, TX

Not to be stupid, but how would a league for this work?
Old Sep. 5th, '09, 7:38 pm   #7
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,261
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

I would buy this game just to be in the league here if there was one!

I always wanted to be in a racing league, would be so much fun and competetive. Something I dont have very often cause everyone I know sucks at racing games or just dont have the ones I do

]
Old Sep. 6th, '09, 12:00 am   #8
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYMKR View Post
Not to be stupid, but how would a league for this work?
There's a few ways you could do it. You could make it a team league like it was at LG, meaning it's beneficial to help your teammates with setups and practice, as your points go just towards your team. Or you can do a single player, where 1st place gets xx amount of points and 2nd gets 1 less or 5 less or whatever you decide. The team league seems to be the more casual less serious way to go about it.

*Not saying a league here at XBS would have to be either of those two or if it will be if there is a league. Just giving examples of two more widely used ways to do racing leagues.
Old Sep. 6th, '09, 1:35 am   #9
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
There's a few ways you could do it. You could make it a team league like it was at LG, meaning it's beneficial to help your teammates with setups and practice, as your points go just towards your team. Or you can do a single player, where 1st place gets xx amount of points and 2nd gets 1 less or 5 less or whatever you decide. The team league seems to be the more casual less serious way to go about it.

*Not saying a league here at XBS would have to be either of those two or if it will be if there is a league. Just giving examples of two more widely used ways to do racing leagues.
Those are the two I have heard of before. I know Playmkr was just curious but I just want to be clear... we are FAR away from deciding what type of racing league we would have here or even IF there will be a racing league.

But don't let me be a party pooper, feel free to continue the discussion.
Old Sep. 6th, '09, 2:36 am   #10
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,710
St. Louis, Mo

Personally, I enjoy doing some real racing for a while and then ending with some Cat & Mouse or some other equivalent. Serious racing for a bit, then mayhem

Good times, I might even look for some of my friends at GUG to race again with if need be. We had a bunch of Friday and Saturday night racing that was a blast. League races in the beginning, destruction to end the night.

Then when I'm not racing, I'm painting I'm far from creating the literal works of art these other guys do, but I enjoy doing simple stuff.

I took took down my cars from last year's game.

There's also Time Trials that you can do which is GREAT. Setup a track, a car type, etc. and then just race for week. The guy with the fastest time that week wins. We did that at GUG and it was highly competitive with just tenths of a second being the difference maker. Low maintenance but gives people something to strive for offline. We did that for PGR and Forza and some of us even got into the Top 100 times........legitimately I'll add