Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Racing

Old Aug. 7th, '12, 12:07 am   #1
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo
Default Forza Horizon

I haven't played the last two Forza Motorsports but Forza Horizon is intriguing. Unfortunately it's coming out at a bad time.

But what's going to be fun about this game is it's an open world racing game. For those that know me, here's what sold the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxm
That's still only a fraction of what you'll find in the wilderness, and Fulton is eager to populate Colorado with a variety of activities to discover, "We've just chucked lots of stuff into the world, so if you go out and explore you're going to find it," he elaborates. "there are some significant rewards for the player who says, "What's in that bar?"
Yeah, I'm one of those types of players for sure.

The game isn't developed by Turn 10 but rather a smaller "Playground Games". Turn 10 provided the license to Playground Games for the open-world spinoff.

Last known release date was October 26th. I haven't looked it up to see if that's changed.

Last edited by jujimum; Aug. 7th, '12 at 12:13 am.
Old Aug. 7th, '12, 12:28 am   #2
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Need for Speed: Most Wanted is suppose to be the same kind of deal. It's a mix between Burnout and the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Old Aug. 7th, '12, 12:45 am   #3
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
Need for Speed: Most Wanted is suppose to be the same kind of deal. It's a mix between Burnout and the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Yeah, unfortunately Forza won't have drop-in multiplayer or whatever it's called. I think the NFS games do. I've never been a fan of those though. I've always liked the Forza games. I did play one NFS game and it was interesting but got really boring after a while (and hard). So I do have concerns that this game will too.

However, this one has exploring to do where as the NFS game was just driving around trying not to get caught by the police I hated trying to just cruise around and do events only to have 5 wanted stars and having to work your ass off to get rid of them.

We'll see, I can see where this Forza game might not be interesting due to the lack of police chases, jumps, etc. I just like the real feel of Forza racing. And HOPEFULLY the car painting will be fully featured in this game.
Old Aug. 7th, '12, 7:33 am   #4
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,100
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

That's interesting... The Original NFS Most wanted was one of my favorite games especially of the NFS series... If most wanted chimes in on the same level.. I'll be getting it...

I need to read up on Forza Horizon.. Sounds different but just driving around with no story seems pointless to me.. This is the first time Ive heard of it.. Will now go and see what its about..

Old Aug. 7th, '12, 10:50 am   #5
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosice View Post
I need to read up on Forza Horizon.. Sounds different but just driving around with no story seems pointless to me.. This is the first time Ive heard of it.. Will now go and see what its about..
Well, there is a career mode of course and driving around from race to race just like NFS: Most Wanted. I can't remember if there was a "story" per se. But I can say that it's Forza with the only difference is you drive to different events (it sounds like).

How many times have you just wanted to take one of those cars and drive? I know I have.

It says it in the quote above, but I wanted to mention it's set in Colorado for different terrains/views.
Old Aug. 7th, '12, 10:57 am   #6
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Yeah, unfortunately Forza won't have drop-in multiplayer or whatever it's called. I think the NFS games do. I've never been a fan of those though. I've always liked the Forza games. I did play one NFS game and it was interesting but got really boring after a while (and hard). So I do have concerns that this game will too.

However, this one has exploring to do where as the NFS game was just driving around trying not to get caught by the police I hated trying to just cruise around and do events only to have 5 wanted stars and having to work your ass off to get rid of them.

We'll see, I can see where this Forza game might not be interesting due to the lack of police chases, jumps, etc. I just like the real feel of Forza racing. And HOPEFULLY the car painting will be fully featured in this game.
The new NFS has exploring to do as well. Yeah the police will be out for you, but all cars and collectibles are hidden around the open world map, so there is no more waiting to unlock the vehicle you want to drive. You just need to find where it is hidden in the map.
Old Aug. 7th, '12, 11:01 am   #7
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
The new NFS has exploring to do as well. Yeah the police will be out for you, but all cars and collectibles are hidden around the open world map, so there is no more waiting to unlock the vehicle you want to drive. You just need to find where it is hidden in the map.
Nice. I might actually check that out too. I love the games, and I've said it a bunch, where I can just stream my music through the XBox and get lost in the game. Both of these will do that
Old Nov. 1st, '12, 12:03 pm   #8
deadhead 10
May 2011 279
philadelphila.

I picked up forza herizon it's everything I wanted out of a forza game minus the tuning. the online multiplayer racing is fun!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old Nov. 1st, '12, 5:51 pm   #9
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Since I skipped a few other games, I might think about this one again. Not sure.
Old Nov. 1st, '12, 6:12 pm   #10
XBoxJon

Jun 2008 6,876
St. Louis, MO

Played the demo, seemed more like NFS but without the cop cars (which is the only NFS I liked anyway). I enjoyed the Forza series for it's realistic sim racing, actual race tracks, and race cars (in addition to the cool exotics).

I'll get my racing fix with NFS Most Wanted instead.