XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Other sport topics

Old Jul. 6th, '13, 12:16 pm   #1
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME
Default Double Murder During Soccer Match In Brazil

This is perhaps the most insane thing I've ever heard. And it does raise the question, is the FIFA World Cup next year safe? Granted, in 2010 it was in South Africa, which has it's own history of violent crimes, but the tournament came and went without incident if I remember correctly.

Anyway, I'm not lying when I say this is absolutely ridiculous.

"An amateur soccer match in Brazil turned into a horrific, ugly scene last week when a referee was beheaded on the field after he stabbed and killed a player.

Match referee Octavio da Silva Catanhede Jordan had issued a red card to Josenir dos Santos Abreu in a northeast Brazilian soccer game on June 30, but the player was apparently fed up with the call and continued arguing with the referee, refusing to leave the field at the Pius XII, Maranhao.

Then, the scene got very ugly. Jordan reportedly had a knife with him, and the 20-year-old referee began stabbing Santos Abreu multiple times on the field. The 31-year-0ld player was pronounced dead when he later arrived to the hospital, but not before the scene at the match got even more chaotic. In response to Jordan’s attack on Santos Abreu, several spectators — presumably family and friends — fled from the stands and onto the field, where they attacked the referee, decapitated him and eventually hung his head on a stake.

One man has reportedly been arrested in connection to the attack on the referee. The investigation is ongoing and suspects are being questioned, according to Brazilian police chief Valter Costa. “Reports of witnesses have indicated some people that were in place at the time of the fact,” Costa said. “We will identify and hold accountable all those involved. A crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not collaborate with the legality of a state law.”

The story is bad publicity for Brazil, which hosts the 2014 World Cup next summer."
Old Jul. 6th, '13, 12:38 pm   #2
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,689
Pittsburgh, PA

Unreal, just unreal... All in the name of hitting a ball with your foot.

* also there's reports that the player went back and kicked the referee first after being expelled.

Last edited by Nico 916 Suave; Jul. 6th, '13 at 12:48 pm.

Old Jul. 6th, '13, 1:19 pm   #3
KT
Jul 2008 5,222
Vancouver, B.C

There are some pretty gruesome pictures floating around of the incident, they didn't just behead him, they also cut off his legs.

Old Jul. 6th, '13, 1:21 pm   #4
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,689
Pittsburgh, PA

Yeah... They said they didn't even CUT off his legs... They RIPPED them off...

Old Jul. 6th, '13, 2:00 pm   #5
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

The referee issued him a dead card.

To be fair, the fans were telling the ref to get his head in the game.
Old Jul. 6th, '13, 2:58 pm   #6
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,174
Winnipeg, Manitoba

In South America, this kind of shit seems to be all in good fun when it comes to futbol. I'm never going there.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne