Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Fighting

Old Mar. 24th, '10, 11:15 pm   #1
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo
UFC TUF 11: Middleweights

I know it's early. But I haven't watched any MMA since the last show and tonight I watched the re-broadcast of Vera/Jones. It got me thinking that I thought this season started in March. And it does start next week, March 31st.

It was supposed to be Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz but rumors are swirling that it's now Team Liddell vs. Team Franklin (Rich Franklin).

Dana White says you'll have to watch to find out.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18397/whit...at-happens.mma

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,229753

To view the cast for this season:

or for a text version

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18131/the-...t-fighters.mma

or if you just want pictures:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18145/the-...st-members.mma
Old Mar. 24th, '10, 11:17 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,234
Toronto

Yeah, Ortiz just had surgery again to repair his knee, I think. I heard that Franklin was going to replace him in the finale fight.

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Apr. 1st, '10 at 11:47 am.

Old Mar. 25th, '10, 12:48 am   #3
KT
Jul 2008 5,213
Vancouver, B.C

I would hate to see that happen. Like who really wants to see a Liddell/Franklin fight headline UFC 115 in Vancouver?

Old Mar. 25th, '10, 2:15 am   #4
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT View Post
I would hate to see that happen. Like who really wants to see a Liddell/Franklin fight headline UFC 115 in Vancouver?
All the comments I've been reading say the opposite. They are saying while both fights are lame, the Franklin is more intriguing than Ortiz.

Honestly, I don't know enough about it but it sounds like it's going to be kind of downer no matter what.

Hopefully the show ends up being really good and overshadows the coaches (and eventual fight).
Old Mar. 25th, '10, 8:19 am   #5
Kiddstyle
Banned
Aug 2008 375

As much as I used to love watching Liddell knock guys out, I really want him to retire. He has got to the point where he has lost speed and maybe even power in his punches. The nasty KO's he took also could be lingering. I thought that the Shogun punch he took was not a KO punch for a guy who had a great chin.

If Chuck wants to continue to fight the way he currently fights, he is going to keep getting knocked out. Even in the Silva fight he could have gotten knocked out if Silva would have jumped on him when he had the chance. Chuck is one of my favourite fighters of all time, but he just doesn't have what it takes anymore to be an elite fighter. He is good, and could still knock some guys out, but the elite guys are probably going to beat him now. At least Franklin is the type of match, as well as Tito, that Chuck can win. More aging fighters whose best days are behind them. I know it's hard for someone to stop doing what they love, but sometimes it's the right thing to do. Once they retire, people no longer view them as washed up, but as a legend they were. Chuck is a legend in the MMA world.
Old Apr. 1st, '10, 1:55 am   #6
KT
Jul 2008 5,213
Vancouver, B.C

Great premiere tonight. Tons of KO's! My early picks are the Hawaiian guy and Rose Bowl, they absolutely crushed their opponents. Its looking like this will be a much more entertaining season than the Heavyweights.

Old Apr. 1st, '10, 2:57 am   #7
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

CRAP! I totally forgot
Old Apr. 1st, '10, 9:03 am   #8
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,875
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

It'll be rerun tons I'm sure Jim.

Old Apr. 1st, '10, 9:40 am   #9
Xenogenetic

Jun 2008 1,544
Ottawa, ON
Send a message via MSN to Xenogenetic

That was a great premiere, looks like the talent is only getting better (which is obviously to be expected.) Brad Tavares (the hawaiin guy) as KT mentioned really impressed me. I can't remember someone landing a knee / cross combo before his leg touches the floor in recent memory! That was quick! Alot of guys in there were willing to die for that contract last night!

This show is such a great show for the alpha male that likes seeing lots of heart, gutsy performances and a little drama.

LMAO at the french dude who said he was going to change our stereotype of french people as soft.
Old Apr. 1st, '10, 10:09 am   #10
KT
Jul 2008 5,213
Vancouver, B.C

They will be posting full episodes here at the new website: http://www.ultimatefighter.com/episode-search/TUF+11/

Tags
franklin, liddell, middleweights, ortiz, the ultimate fighter, tuf, ultimate fighter