Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Mar. 4th, '11, 10:32 pm   #21
NJDEVIL30274
Banned
Sep 2008 1,280
East Rutherford NJ
Send a message via AIM to NJDEVIL30274

BF3 is going to be locked @ 30FPS on console and may dip as low as 20 frames in action heavy parts of the single player. Will likely stay closer to 20 in MP as well.

The amount of hits the console will take just to play this game is mind boggling. Those here who have a PC that can play or are planning to build one be sure to check the game out on PC. Better graphics, higher frame rates and 64 players online.
Old Mar. 5th, '11, 3:57 pm   #22
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL30274 View Post
BF3 is going to be locked @ 30FPS on console and may dip as low as 20 frames in action heavy parts of the single player. Will likely stay closer to 20 in MP as well.

The amount of hits the console will take just to play this game is mind boggling. Those here who have a PC that can play or are planning to build one be sure to check the game out on PC. Better graphics, higher frame rates and 64 players online.
Have you played bad company 2 on 360 at all Scott? Frame rate is not an issue.

Spend $60.00 on a game that will include regular updates and have no issues with compatibility and play with friends

or

Spend hundreds of dollars on upgrading a system and hunting for drivers and pray that hackers don't find a way to bypass punkbuster too quickly to ruin the experience. Not to mention only getting half of the content promised in a timely manner compared to consoles and the other half canceled altogether...

EA has made it clear over the years that they want to get away from pc gaming, too many pirates and hackers cutting into profits.

At least give the console version a look Scott, we will be waiting

Old Mar. 6th, '11, 1:15 am   #23
NJDEVIL30274
Banned
Sep 2008 1,280
East Rutherford NJ
Send a message via AIM to NJDEVIL30274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
Have you played bad company 2 on 360 at all Scott? Frame rate is not an issue.

Spend $60.00 on a game that will include regular updates and have no issues with compatibility and play with friends

or

Spend hundreds of dollars on upgrading a system and hunting for drivers and pray that hackers don't find a way to bypass punkbuster too quickly to ruin the experience. Not to mention only getting half of the content promised in a timely manner compared to consoles and the other half canceled altogether...

EA has made it clear over the years that they want to get away from pc gaming, too many pirates and hackers cutting into profits.

At least give the console version a look Scott, we will be waiting
Will I try the console version ? Sure will but seeing how BFBC is already running @ 30 FPS and knowing it drops below that at times makes it a 100% certainty that BF3 will suffer from the same issues if not MORE issues on console.

Will it be a fun and playable game ? Sure will but will it be optimized on console ? Nope.

PC will be the superior platform just like it has been for years now with the BF series.

Also honestly to compare bfbc and bf3.. you really can't BFBC was ment for consoles and ported to PC. It will be the other way around this time. BFBC is a great console spin-off of battlefield but BF lives and dies on PC and it's community.

Also mass cheating has never been a issue for BF on PC.

Don't forget the guts of the xbox and ps3 are going on 6 years old.

In regards of the gameplay video's we have seen they have all been taken off the PC. There is no way the current consoles can run that at a playable frame rate. While the game will still look great on console don't expect anything more that BFBC with possibly slightly better lighting.

And really the multi player difference alone is enough for me to want it on PC more. Dice already said each console will get the same maps and they will make the bad company maps seem small. 24 players on those maps will make it seem like a wasteland ( im not convinced console maps won't be roped off and shrunk )

Bad Company may live and die on the consoles but Battlefield will always remain a PC players dream.

Last edited by NJDEVIL30274; Mar. 6th, '11 at 1:23 am.
Old Mar. 6th, '11, 1:52 am   #24
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,780
St. Louis, Mo

BC2 was an absolutely smooth experience for me. I never had any issues once in a game. No 'warpig", slow downs, etc. Loved it.

I absolutely hated shooters and never even gave them a thought. BC2 hooked me. Big time. I did lose interest once I was almost leveled up all the way and there wasn't much reason to play.

But yeah, I absolutely loved the game and it's the reason I'm even giving a game like Homefront a chance. I'll more than likely be playing this one too. Don't know when it's coming out so I'll have to see what my time constraints are at the time.

As for PC/Console debate, it's fairly useless. Play it on whatever you like. For me, I'm a console gamer and hate PC gaming. I'd rather have a fun, cheap, easy experience over graphics any day. Many of the games I play on console are lower rated due to the graphics. Doesn't change my experience any at all. Graphics don't make the experience. As long as it's fun and I can see what I'm supposed to....that's all that matters.

Having said that, this was posted yesterday:

http://gamerant.com/battlefield-3-co...ng-dyce-71690/

Quote:
‘Battlefield 3′s developers are putting any thoughts of console-inferiority to rest, claiming that their brand new engine will bring revolutionary visuals to both the PC and home consoles.
Quote:
Don’t ask us how these developers do it, but each year the amount of power that can be drawn out of Microsoft’s console seems to grow, with id Software’s RAGE being the latest to astound.
Much more in the link I provided.
Old Mar. 6th, '11, 12:33 pm   #25
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Juji Vietnam is unreal, as far as level maxed out goes this opens up a new challenge for you!

Old Mar. 19th, '11, 7:10 am   #26
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

Last edited by Phoenix 2.0; Mar. 19th, '11 at 7:13 am.

Old Apr. 1st, '11, 7:35 am   #27
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

can I haz this now?

Old Apr. 15th, '11, 8:36 pm   #28
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

SICK.

Old Apr. 16th, '11, 11:39 am   #29
ExArmySgt
Licensed Pill Pusher

Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

This comes out in November? I'll be divorced by December.

Old Apr. 16th, '11, 6:08 pm   #30
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

12 minutes of video goodness....

http://youtu.be/2zw8SmsovJc?hd=1

*EDIT*

Basically it is the videos already out, just expanded and sewn together... regardless it is looking like an amazing game.

Last edited by Phoenix 2.0; Apr. 16th, '11 at 6:27 pm.