Old Mar. 31st, '14, 4:15 pm   #11
JKGuy16
Nov 2008 1,588
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via MSN to JKGuy16 Send a message via Skype™ to JKGuy16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott50 View Post
Jays in fourth again.
You're spot on. I don't see a scenario where Toronto finishes anything but 4th or 5th in that division. Just looking at the rosters, everyone in the AL East looks better than they do.

The Cubs are still at least 2 years from competing. They lost exactly how I thought they'd lose today with Jeff Samardjiza throwing a gem only to get zero run support.

Living in the Twin Cities again, I can follow the Twins much more closely and I'll tell you, they have the worst starting lineup I've seen out of a team in a long time. This includes a lineup with one of the best pure hitters in baseball in Joe Mauer.

I think Kansas City will surprise people and take a wild card but Detroit will reign supreme in the AL Central.

My stance is exactly the same as last season regarding the Houston Astros. If they lose fewer than 100 games, they should automatically make the post season.
Old Mar. 31st, '14, 6:53 pm   #12
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

My interest in baseball has peaks and valleys, but I'm pretty excited for this season. Still a bit surprised the Sox won last year, certainly came out of no where, but I expect them to contend again. And outside of Boston, so many great teams, bubble teams (which are always awesome to track, can't wait to see how teams like Toronto do this year, and even Miami), individual players, I'm just interested all around for this year.
Old Mar. 31st, '14, 7:42 pm   #13
XBoxJon
Bringing heat

Jun 2008 6,927
St. Louis, MO

Huge baseball nut and a lifelong Cardinals fan, so I'm pretty spoiled.

That said, I'll be amped up and probably watch every pitch until the NHL playoffs start, and then just catch highlights until that's over, before resuming daily baseball obsessive behaviors again...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2