Old Jan. 15th, '14, 1:35 pm   #1
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,780
St. Louis, Mo
Default Clark the Cub

Oh...my...

Idiots

So as some of you may have read the Chicago Cubs have introduced a mascot, Clark the Cub. Deadspin.com apparently had a contest to do "something terrible to the new, perverted mascot". The picture used in the above video was one of those creations

http://deadspin.com/contest-do-somet...ver-1500558877
Old Jan. 21st, '14, 12:05 pm   #2
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,759
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

As a Cubs fan I'm really not sure why this mascot is getting so much attention? I get that we have not won a World Series since 1908 but this is strictly for the kids and to promote a more family friendly image. I could really care less if they have a mascot or not, but, I can see how it would entertain kids (future Cubs fans) while at the ballpark and at public events.
Old Jan. 21st, '14, 5:03 pm   #3
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latdogg View Post
As a Cubs fan I'm really not sure why this mascot is getting so much attention? I get that we have not won a World Series since 1908 but this is strictly for the kids and to promote a more family friendly image. I could really care less if they have a mascot or not, but, I can see how it would entertain kids (future Cubs fans) while at the ballpark and at public events.
Sans junk I hope. I don't think its a big deal either. Maybe they want the franchise to be associated with drunkenness and a piss smell within 50 yards of all restrooms at Wrigley.