Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Baseball

Old Jun. 4th, '13, 7:14 pm   #1
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME
Mlb MLB Seeking To Suspend 20 Players

"MLB is reportedly ready to drop the hammer on Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun. According to ESPN’s Outside the Lines, Major League Baseball is getting ready to suspend A-Rod, Braun and as many as 20 players because of their connection to the Biogenesis anti-aging clinic in Miami. The suspensions could come within the next few weeks, but it’s unlikely the players’ union would accept them without a fight.

Outside the Lines is reporting that Biogenesis clinic founder Tony Bosch will testify against the players. The league is expected to argue that the players lied about their PED use and their connections to Bosch. “One source familiar with the case said the commissioner’s office might seek 100-game suspensions for Rodriguez, Braun and other players,” T.J. Quinn, Pedro Gomez and Mike Fish report. “The argument, the source said, is that the players’ connection to Bosch constitutes one offense, and previous statements to MLB officials denying any such connection or the use of PEDs constitute another.”

The league was previously reported as “going after” those players linked to the clinic, including Rodriguez, who may have tried to buy documents incriminating him. Other players who might face the wrath of the commissioner’s office include Melky Cabrera, Nelson Cruz, Gio Gonzalez, Jhonny Peralta, Francisco Cervelli and Bartolo Colon."
Old Jun. 4th, '13, 7:40 pm   #2
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,628
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

yeah i just read the same thing!! Bring it!! I can't stand this abuse, 100 game suspension. This will sideline A-Roid the rest of the year!!

Old Jun. 4th, '13, 8:40 pm   #3
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Peralta..... Really?

I guess he got the bad batch.

Old Jun. 6th, '13, 1:24 pm   #4
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,789
NE of TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
Peralta..... Really?

Yeah, when I read a few of those names I thought "They must have received the Biodome PED's, not the Biogenesis one's"

Old Jun. 11th, '13, 9:36 pm   #5
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
Peralta..... Really?

Someone always gets the placebo.