Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > RPG's

Old Feb. 17th, '15, 11:27 am   #1
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,618
Boston
Default Elders Scrolls Online: XBox-1 and PS4 Consoles June 9th

Is anyone going to pick up Elder Scrolls Online when it launches for the console on June 9th? I've been picking up where I left off in various quests in between work trips and family stuff when I play the PC version, but I can also definitely see the appeal of having this game console-based. Real-time combat just seems more intuitive with a game controller, and skills/abilities could easily be mapped to existing buttons. The challenge of course would be game speech / audio having to take over some of the burden typically carried out by the PC chat function.

It's a compelling enough attempt that I may consider picking this up for the console, especially if we're going to have a few of us running around.

Old Feb. 22nd, '15, 2:01 pm   #2
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,759
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
Is anyone going to pick up Elder Scrolls Online when it launches for the console on June 9th? I've been picking up where I left off in various quests in between work trips and family stuff when I play the PC version, but I can also definitely see the appeal of having this game console-based. Real-time combat just seems more intuitive with a game controller, and skills/abilities could easily be mapped to existing buttons. The challenge of course would be game speech / audio having to take over some of the burden typically carried out by the PC chat function.

It's a compelling enough attempt that I may consider picking this up for the console, especially if we're going to have a few of us running around.
I'm going to be sticking to the PC version. It took me forever to get my character to my current level (Veteran 4) and I honestly do not feel like starting over. Also, like you mentioned, not sure how they will handle the zone chat on a console version. I do not want to have to hook a keyboard up to my console to chat with people. Party chat is fine for people you are grouping with but in PvP zone chat is really important. I'm also in a solid, active guild and I'm pretty sure they are all staying on PC.
Old Feb. 22nd, '15, 8:08 pm   #3
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,618
Boston

Yeah I'm at Vet 2 and liking it.

Old Feb. 23rd, '15, 8:37 am   #4
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,759
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Yeah I'm at Vet 2 and liking it.
Is your Vet 2 character Ebonheart Pact?
Old Feb. 23rd, '15, 11:24 am   #5
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

The FAQ on the Elder Scrolls site says you will be able to transfer your character from PC to Xbox if you would like to for $20.

Quote:
Will I still be able to transfer my PC characters to console for the price of $20?
Players who are eligible to have their characters transferred will receive an e-mail informing them of the transfer option. They will then be able to purchase the upgrade via our website at www.elderscrollsonline.com.
https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US
Old Feb. 23rd, '15, 12:22 pm   #6
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,618
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latdogg View Post
Is your Vet 2 character Ebonheart Pact?
Why yes he is, Templar currently running standard grinding builds: 2H and a Sword n Board build. Works out pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
The FAQ on the Elder Scrolls site says you will be able to transfer your character from PC to Xbox if you would like to for $20.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US

I might consider paying if it were a mirroring service that allowed me to play on either the PC or the console, and have progression saved server-side so I can pick up where I left off, no matter where I left off. Yep, I'd pay for that.

Old Feb. 23rd, '15, 12:50 pm   #7
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,759
Fontanafredda, Italy

Sweet, if you are ever down for some PvP action just let me know. I play on Thornblade. Also, I am a master Blacksmither if you ever are in need of some heavy armor or weapons.
Old Feb. 23rd, '15, 1:31 pm   #8
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,618
Boston

Thanks Lat! I do like me some PvP, and I'm definitely going to re-spec for PvP once the new patch rolls out. I have Blacksmithing, Clothing, and woodworking all into the mid 40s right now with this guy as well. I don't get too many chance to play, but when I get on I'll look for ya for sure!

Old Feb. 25th, '15, 6:10 am   #9
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,759
Fontanafredda, Italy

Quote:
Thanks Lat! I do like me some PvP, and I'm definitely going to re-spec for PvP once the new patch rolls out. I have Blacksmithing, Clothing, and woodworking all into the mid 40s right now with this guy as well. I don't get too many chance to play, but when I get on I'll look for ya for sure!
Yea my Clothing is 45 and Woodworking is 40. I have almost all the traits researched for Smithing, problem is I'm at the stage now where it takes 12 days to research 1 trait.
Old Feb. 25th, '15, 10:18 am   #10
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,618
Boston

Yeah I think one of my eyes twitched a few times involuntarily when I researched my final trait for bows; it only took 30 days or so.