Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Mar. 27th, '17, 3:29 pm   #11
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,123
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Maybe embedded stream on the site for the matchup of the night? Throw that on the list of maybe if we have time things. Awesome as outlined right now though!

What happens with multiple streams though? Like if I link mine for a stream but then so did 2 others, so at game time I decide screw it, I'm not going to stream cause so many others are. Is that going to cause issues?

Old Mar. 27th, '17, 3:32 pm   #12
BTW8892

May 2009 2,437
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
Maybe embedded stream on the site for the matchup of the night? Throw that on the list of maybe if we have time things. Awesome as outlined right now though!

What happens with multiple streams though? Like if I link mine for a stream but then so did 2 others, so at game time I decide screw it, I'm not going to stream cause so many others are. Is that going to cause issues?
Definitely something we could add onto that feature.

As far as the second question, it won't cause any issues on the scoreboard side of things. Regardless, it's going to display all of the linked streams 30 mins before game time and list them on the boxscore page. It doesn't necessarily check if those streams are actually live on Twitch at the moment, but that's something we are looking into.
Old Mar. 27th, '17, 4:03 pm   #13
Krimsonfire
Jun 2008 2,553
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to Krimsonfire

Very sweet addition.

Old Mar. 28th, '17, 4:41 pm   #14
Rushpac
The Pylon of all Pylons
Feb 2017 43
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892 View Post
It was brought up when we were making the system. But seeing as a majority of our league uses Twitch, we focused the system mainly around that platform for the time being. Obviously we left the door open for expansion, but right now we are focusing our efforts on perfecting the system with Twitch first before moving forward.
Awesome BTW. I only ask because it seems like Microsoft is throwing full support behind Beam so I feel like over the next year or two that will be a smoother stream option than Twitch.