Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 11:49 am   #11
allthway
Master
May 2014 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I'm pretty sure I've heard Rammer (the developer) say on multiple occasions there is no such thing as ice tilt Momentum, perhaps but that would be based on the current game and how's it's being played, but not ice tilt based on the team level.
I've heard him say it too. Have you ever played HUT?

Focus on winning too much
Old Oct. 12th, '16, 11:56 am   #12
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthway View Post
I've heard him say it too. Have you ever played HUT?
Nope, eashl and xbs is all I play. Besides, this league isn't played using HUT lol

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 12:08 pm   #13
BTW8892

May 2009 2,437
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthway View Post
I know my belief in ice tilt is sometimes frowned upon, but I think club level can effect those "in game bounces".
Ice tilt doesn't exist, nor has it ever existed. It's an imaginary theory that people default to when they feel they were wronged by a bounce. People have been trying to prove it exists to years, but to no avail, and even the producers have denied it's existence. Being that we were thrown a complete curve ball this year, something that doesn't exist is the last thing we need to worry about.
Old Oct. 12th, '16, 12:53 pm   #14
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

To get this back on topic:

Scott, we discussed all the different ways to go about this, including using existing clubs and decided against it. We understand that people may have social clubs that they have already built up, but we thought having the custom names would have made things confusing for most members since it could change even between seasons if there was an owner change, or etc The idea is that with these xbs specific teams we could handle any changes needed, and the plan is to keep them through all of NHL 17 (unless EA fixes this...not getting my hopes up).

Unfortunately in either case, there is a chance someone would lose a team they built up because they have to change teams for XBS. If anyone is insistent on keeping their clubs, I suggest having a second account take GM of the club so that you can always hold on to it for when you wish to play social games out side of XBS. That is how BTW, Huskies and I are handling it with our team we use in EASHL.
Old Oct. 12th, '16, 1:18 pm   #15
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
To get this back on topic:

Scott, we discussed all the different ways to go about this, including using existing clubs and decided against it. We understand that people may have social clubs that they have already built up, but we thought having the custom names would have made things confusing for most members since it could change even between seasons if there was an owner change, or etc The idea is that with these xbs specific teams we could handle any changes needed, and the plan is to keep them through all of NHL 17 (unless EA fixes this...not getting my hopes up).

Unfortunately in either case, there is a chance someone would lose a team they built up because they have to change teams for XBS. If anyone is insistent on keeping their clubs, I suggest having a second account take GM of the club so that you can always hold on to it for when you wish to play social games out side of XBS. That is how BTW, Huskies and I are handling it with our team we use in EASHL.
Ok, just wanted to throw the idea out there for discussion. Thanks for the prompt response and I understand.

I was actually texting my peeps today about this second account thing as a last resort. Now, would that just be another profile on my console, or do I have to create a new xbox live account and pay for it? I don't really want to pay $60 for xbox live just to sit and hold a spot on the club

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 1:46 pm   #16
Makakk88
Just Joe

May 2011 870

I might be wrong, but I think that with XBL Gold you can create multiple gamertag on the same subscription

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 2:00 pm   #17
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makakk88 View Post
I might be wrong, but I think that with XBL Gold you can create multiple gamertag on the same subscription
If that's the case, then my kids profile/GT should work. I'll test it out tonight when I get home.

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 3:38 pm   #18
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,662
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
If that's the case, then my kids profile/GT should work. I'll test it out tonight when I get home.
No no no. You must test it out now!!!!!! Kidding of course.

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 5:32 pm   #19
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

It worked, problem solved. Thanks.

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 5:41 pm   #20
Walkertowsnrngr
Banned
Oct 2016 69
Saint Petersburg, FL

We can also try drop in games. They have group lobbies. Captains could just synchronize the game search like you would do with friends in HUT or Draft Champions.