XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Site Help

Closed Thread

Old Jul. 17th, '08, 8:55 pm   #11
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

I've been very selective about whom I've told because I do not want to see this site become like the other. That's why I've only refered 1 person so far.
Old Jul. 17th, '08, 8:56 pm   #12
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

damn, i was wondering what happened to Crastin, he was the person that brought me to the other site.
Old Jul. 17th, '08, 9:38 pm   #13
Viper
Rangers #27

Jun 2008 147
Calgary, AB
Send a message via MSN to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper

Remember that site membership does not mean league membership
Old Jul. 17th, '08, 10:40 pm   #14
bogeyexpress
High Speed Low Drag

Jun 2008 75
Nebraska
Send a message via MSN to bogeyexpress Send a message via AIM to bogeyexpress Send a message via Yahoo to bogeyexpress

I enjoyed reading this thread as each post seemed mature, full of thought and made complete sense. We must all be adults here right now and my gosh, that is refreshing.

I have referred no one officially and only told one guy about it. I felt I would leave referrals to the more established fellas here, but I do know of a couple top class guys I would refer, but I didn't want to go all willy nilly and start inviting a ton of people.

I have been keeping myself pretty low key at the other site by only playing in the NBA league until they started up a Euro (FIFA) league. I am hoping to phase out completely if things keep panning out here.

I like the ToS and believe in them as well. I am willing to earn my spot in any league I am lucky enough to be included in, I can't wait to start playing games with some of the fellas from days past. I am tired of getting in a league and getting all psyched up for a great season and then having it ruined by some dimwit 14 year old trash talking punk. Anyway, I apologize for the anecdotal reference.

I am looking forward to this site's development and maturity!!! Old gamers unite! or should it be MATURE gamers Unite!!!
"The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Old Jul. 18th, '08, 3:42 am   #15
Bingo King
Jun 2008 149
Wisconsin
Send a message via MSN to Bingo King

I like what i'm hearing from the admins. I'm not liking the idea of a "private site" where only the select few can join. Everyone deserves a chance and Nothing from the "Other Site" should be carried over to here. This site is a completely different site, not "other site 2.0" so every joining member deserves the oppurtunity. It will be admins and commishs jobs to keep this site "cheese free", not a I know you from the other site so you don't deserve a chance kind of thing. Regardless of who's in you'll always get members who aren't what they seemed to be.

I'm glad to be a part of this from the beginning and hoping i can help in any way and I feel every member deserves at least the chance to help this site grow and prosper, which they will recieve I assume
Old Jul. 18th, '08, 3:54 am   #16
MGM

Jun 2008 1,829
St. Louis, Missouri
Send a message via MSN to MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow elk View Post
damn, i was wondering what happened to Crastin, he was the person that brought me to the other site.
Yeah...I've been hounding him for awhile to get back into things. Hopefully he'll join us over here sooner than later.
Old Jul. 18th, '08, 5:20 am   #17
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,557
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino

I agree with everyone, let's keep this site with great members play games and have fun.
Old Jul. 18th, '08, 8:21 am   #18
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM View Post
Yeah...I've been hounding him for awhile to get back into things. Hopefully he'll join us over here sooner than later.
Yeah Windless is a great competitor. Still the only guy that beat the crap out of me consistently at football.

Old Jul. 18th, '08, 8:44 am   #19
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,194
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
Yeah Windless is a great competitor. Still the only guy that beat the crap out of me consistently at football.
Wasn't he a football coach or scout? When I told him about my uncle and his position at Penn State he kept asking me to get him a job as a Penn State scout..lol. Gosh, it's been a few years since I've played with Crasten.

Old Jul. 18th, '08, 9:48 am   #20
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Yeah he was a coach, high school or something like that. I remember him saying, his nephew I think, played for North Carolina in football. The last time I played him he almost beat me at Ohio Stadium with freakin NC. More often than not, he way beyond my skill level by far. I caught up some in our later games, and I credit him with helping make me better at Madden and NCAA.

Closed Thread