Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Nov. 4th, '11, 9:56 am   #501
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,196
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Well, before I just absolutely hate the game, I'm going to switch to Conquest.

The matchmaking, while at least it's working, is horrible. I'm tired of losing to guys ranked 39 (I'm Lvl 9) when the best guys on my team might be 14 or so. I realize a friend can invite someone so that throws things off, but a quick look at the teams and ours were definitely weaker.

Tonight the game was almost ruined for me. So I'll try a different mode.

I suck at shooters, but with BF2 I was mediocre. I wasn't horrible and at least stood a chance. I'm just getting destroyed. Not even fun at all.
I saw you playing Rush and I'm like...no thanks! You're on your own..lol.

Played my first Team Death Match and it was alright. You get less points than Conquest for promotions, but it was cool. I got the last kill to win the match, so I got a special 500 point ribbon for that.

I'll be playing BF3 tonight for quite awhile. Have a Madden game earlier in the evening, but from about 9pm est onwards, I'll be in BF3. Let's get some squads going tonight

But I concur, Conquest is the best game to play overall!

Old Nov. 4th, '11, 9:57 am   #502
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,196
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
I hopped in with Joe last night and lasted 2 rounds of Team Deathmatch, that is brutal.

Rush is great if the team is all pulling in the same direction, Jim have you tried using the server filters? not 100% sure but I think you can choose opponent skill level as well as mode.

I love conquest, best mode IMO.

I have removed death match and squad death match from my filters, just can't stand being shot as soon as I spawn
No, I saw no option for a skill filter.

Old Nov. 4th, '11, 10:30 am   #503
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

conquest has always been my favorite!!

Old Nov. 4th, '11, 10:46 am   #504
BxGngsta
5x Madden Franchise Champ

Jul 2008 870
New York City
Send a message via MSN to BxGngsta

I'm hoping to play with you guys at some point in my life.
4x Madden '12 Online Franchise Champ
Old Nov. 4th, '11, 11:01 am   #505
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

With BF2, it was Rush first by a HUUUUUUUGE margin. It's all I played.

Then it was Conquest ONLY to mix it up or if I was with people who wanted Conquest (sometimes I'd choose the "Rush or Conquest" option).

Then really far back was Team Death Match.

And not even an option was Death Match.

This version it seems to be Conquest and then Team Death Match. I admit that Conquest seemed to have better Team Play.
Old Nov. 4th, '11, 11:49 am   #506
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I'll be hopping on in less than an hour, anyone around?

I wouldn't say that I 'hate' any mode, they are all good if played with team work and communication I just don't like the fast pace of death match.

I've been in a few sessions of rush that were awesome and a few that left me bitter, depends on who you get stuck with or who you choose to play with

Old Nov. 4th, '11, 1:06 pm   #507
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,118
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Hardcore rush is my fave. Haven't played much in this one though.
Old Nov. 4th, '11, 2:10 pm   #508
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,196
Toronto

Oh yeah, forgot to say I switched over to Hardcore last night (MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE!) and that's all I'm playing going forward.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to unload a clip of ammo at someone, only to have them fire 1 or 2 shots back and BANG, YOU'RE DEAD!

Old Nov. 4th, '11, 2:33 pm   #509
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
Oh yeah, forgot to say I switched over to Hardcore last night (MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE!) and that's all I'm playing going forward.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to unload a clip of ammo at someone, only to have them fire 1 or 2 shots back and BANG, YOU'RE DEAD!
One thing I have been mindful of lately is not to panic and only fire burts, I used to meet a bad guy and hold down the trigger until I was empty and wonder why I got dead. If the bad guy has flak enabled most of your full pull trigger is wasted and allows him time to squeeze off some better aimed shots at you.

Hard core is awesome and not forgiving at all, I'm still too new to this game to switch over just yet lol

I unlocked the M104 shotgun this afternoon and I didn't think it was possible to love a shotgun but I love this thing!!

Next rank I will unlock squad sprint which will be awesome, it will allow 3 other guys (in my squad) to select separate specializations when I have it enabled and not worry about the sprint...

Old Nov. 4th, '11, 2:56 pm   #510
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Rob I was getting on in a few. Playing on standard def until I move so I'm kinda Magoo-like out there. I would also be happy to do co-op with anyone interested.