Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

Old Sep. 15th, '08, 7:29 pm   #31
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

does anyone know if it is somehow possible to upload your player cards online for others to see? if not people should post them on here or something

Old Sep. 16th, '08, 2:17 am   #32
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

OK, I promise this is the last time I whine and cry (I might break this promise). It's getting ridiculous. I just lost a few games in a row (not a surprise). My team was shutout in all three of them and one game I lost 1-0.

It's very disheartening to know once you give up ONE goal, the game is over. Maybe/Hopefully it's just Peoria is that bad. But I'm 19 games into the season and Peoria's Goals Per Game is 1.16. In 19 games Peoria has scored 22 goals. Peoria's GAPG is only 2.21. I've played 14 games and have a 2.15 GAA and an 88% save percentage. Nothing stellar, but I'm only facing around 20 shots per game and obviously not getting scoring support.

Anyway, here is the video I promised. This isn't even the worst offensive play I've seen. It's just the only one I recorded. But it is a perfect example of why it's so frustrating to play. Try and count the shots Peoria takes and watch how well they set up the puck. Also, watch how they keep it in the offensive zone Hopefully the video is good enough to show how frustrating this mode is from a goalie's viewpoint:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/644479
Old Sep. 16th, '08, 2:22 am   #33
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

this is a great thread! I will post my stuff when I am at home and can sit down and write stuff down....

I know that I am a dangling Center: Rob Yzersyuk

Old Sep. 16th, '08, 10:37 am   #34
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,601
Boston

I updated my original post to include my record as of this morning (I had to play a quick 5AM game before getting ready for work lol).

Career Statistics
Record: 4-2-0
Goals Against Average: 1.47
Save percentage: 0.910
Shutout(s): 1
Shootout Record: 1-0

Having a lot of fun with the goalie, it is definitely a whole different (intense) experience. Six games in and I'm definitely starting to play differently. Probably just adjusting to the AI, but also learning some things about playing goalie.

Old Sep. 17th, '08, 1:46 am   #35
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Well, I got called up to the Blues :thumbups: Not due to my stellar gameplay mind you, but due to Legace getting hurt.

What a difference playing in the NHL vs. AHL (Peoria). It's like a new game. I swear the colors were even brighter in the NHL. But being in the NHL (at least in the Blues organization) is night and day. While I still might be losing and not getting scoring support, my team is taking shots and passing the puck a bit better so I'm actually able to watch without my blood pressure rising.

I've played 6 games in the NHL.

My first two games I got LIT UP! I think I allowed 4 and 5 goals.

My third game I lost 1 to friggin' nothing. *Math question: How can a goalie lose 1-0 but have NO shutout periods AND not being pulled for an extra attacker? I can't figure it out.

My fourth game I won in OT (with 3.1 seconds left mind you).

Fifth NHL game, Lost 3-2 in OT.

6th game, another blowout. I attribute that to being late. I zoned out a couple of times and one time forgot I was even playing.

Anyway, Legace is back but because of my 1-0 game, I'm still in the NHL. It's more fun for sure. St. Louis is getting about 15 more shots per game than Peoria. They are allowing less though which is hurting my save percentage
Old Oct. 2nd, '08, 3:12 am   #36
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Player Info:
Name: Spillblood Maloney
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 202lbs
Position: Goalie
Style: Hybrid

Be a Pro Settings:
Difficulty: All-STAR
Organization: St. Louis (Chosen, no 'drafted')

Season Expectations:
- Save Percentage 86 or better - Currently at 86
- GAA of 2.50 or better - Currently 2.42
- Suit up 45 games - 28 so far
- 21 wins - Only 6
- 7 shutouts - 0 (somehow I lost one because I did have one)

Career Update (Oct 2):

Haven't played my BAP for a couple of weeks. Still in the NHL I think I'm on a 3 game winning streak. The Blues are on a 6 game win streak. Gotta love make believe hockey. Other than needing to get more wins, I think I'm doing alright. I just had a game where I was down 3-0 early in the first period. My Blues kicked it into gear and I ended up winning 5-3. That game ended up being the most shots I've faced so far too. After that first period I was on fire
Old Oct. 15th, '08, 1:14 pm   #37
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,289
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

juji, me and my friend played as goalies for a few hours, and i figured out a few things about it. just wondering if you do it too.

you can switch all the team strategies with the left pad right. just wondering which settings you use. i found a few settings that usually work really well, me and my buddy played goalie vs goalie and i won most the games cause his computers could barely get in my zone lol.

just wonderin if you do this?
]
Old Oct. 15th, '08, 1:20 pm   #38
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluKy View Post
juji, me and my friend played as goalies for a few hours, and i figured out a few things about it. just wondering if you do it too.

you can switch all the team strategies with the left pad right. just wondering which settings you use. i found a few settings that usually work really well, me and my buddy played goalie vs goalie and i won most the games cause his computers could barely get in my zone lol.

just wonderin if you do this?
Oddly enough, I do. I don't normally do it, but using my BAP goalie I have. I forget what I use though. I haven't played for a while again.

One of the forechecks I use keeps the puck in the other end for a long time. I think it's 3-2 or something, I would have to look.

In the Defensive zone, there were two that I liked but one seemed to work better. Again, would have to look to see the names.
Old Oct. 15th, '08, 1:33 pm   #39
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,289
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

ohh thats cool

from my experiance though, the left pad i would put to collapsing, the bottom one i would set to contain puck, and the right pad i would set to conservative. the up pad i would change depends on the team but i would usually have that on 1-2-2 high.

basically, the settings are for defense first in every aspect. it created alot of turn overs for me, and they eventually scored

cant wait to hear your settings actually, post them up
]

Tags
be a pro, nhl 09, share