Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

Old Sep. 15th, '08, 12:42 am   #21
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Playing as Peoria is horrible. I just lost another game as goalie. I lost 1-0 :thumb_down: I had the shutout going until just over 2 minutes left. And the goal they got was (anyone who has played goalie will understand this) was one where my goalie got stuck on the post and they one timed it in. I knew it was coming but couldn't get off the post (that's what she said).

Anyway, very annoying. Not even the shutout so much. But the fact that the team will not score for me.

I have a GAA of 2.16 after 7 games yet I'm 1-6. One game I let 4 goals in. And my only win I had to win in a shootout. It really is beyond annoying
Old Sep. 15th, '08, 1:07 am   #22
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,289
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

Player Info:
Name: Mike McLeod
Height: 5'10
Weight: 175 lbs
Position: RD
Style: Offensive Defensemen

Be a Pro Settings:
Difficulty: Pro (im still learning, will be All Star in time)
Organization: Toronto Maple Leafs (Chosen, no 'drafted')
Season Expectations:
- 14 assists (have 15 now)
- 42 points (27 total right now)
- 192 shots (got around 100)
- plus/minus rating of atleast +10 (this was rather easy, have +20 or so already)

Career Update (Sept 15):

In 12 games of playing with the Marlies, I had already been called up to the major leagues luckily. My first few games I had run into a huge stump, and decided I needed to sadly move my game settings to rookie. This actually helped me, cause now I can play really well on Pro. I have now made the first line on defense for the Leafs. I took out Kaberle, sadly, and not Mccabe. Team is 17-4-0-1 and I think it is nearly time to raise myself to All Star to get my ass handed to me on a silver platter
]
Old Sep. 15th, '08, 6:30 am   #23
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,783
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

I've been doing well as a 5'9 165lbs. Defensive Defenceman. I had 6 goals (2 empty netters) and 4 assists in 13 games with Lake Erie before getting the call to the Avs. I scored my first NHL goal in my third game. http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/627505

I don't jump up on the rush like this much, but I really wanted to score!

I don't have any of the other information in front of me, but i'll update this later on today.

#proudnewfie
Old Sep. 15th, '08, 7:01 am   #24
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,094
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Does anyone else think it's too easy to get called up? Maybe it's just me but what I loved about MLB 08's Road to the Show is that it actually takes you a while to move form AA to AAA and even to the Majors. Unfortunately with Be A Pro, it seems to take you at the most 20 games to get called up to the NHL team.

BTW has anyone heard anything about contracts? Are they actually in the game? Or are you with the team you selected untill they trade you? Or do they even trade you?
Old Sep. 15th, '08, 8:11 am   #25
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,264
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

I've heard about the whole contract thing. I don't exactly know if they are putting that in, and I believe you should be able to get dealt by the team. But I agree, it's too easy to make it up to the NHL.

BAP Update:
Another 2 goal game has brought my goal total to 26 goals and 29 points in 9 games so far in Portland, leading the team to a 8-1-0 record so far. I've scored at least once per game, but to be honest, Portland has nobody, cept may McArthur who is half decent. I hope to move up to the first line soon. My last BAP took my 16 games to get to the NHL with 22 points in the minors, so I think I should beat that with the scoring pace I'm on.
Old Sep. 15th, '08, 10:09 am   #26
Mullet
I'm Alive!!
Jul 2008 596
Nashville, TN
Send a message via MSN to Mullet Send a message via AIM to Mullet Send a message via Skype™ to Mullet

Player Info:
Name: Casey Mulletowski
Position: LW
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 195
Style: Playmaker

Be A Pro Settings:
Difficulty: All-Star
Organization: Atlanta Thrashers (Chosen with the highest honor)
Season Expectations:
-Record 50 Assists
-Record 10 goals
-Record 150 shots
I forgot the others.. these seemed to be the most important

Through about 35 games I have 14g and 6a. I am trying to take advantage of my passing/stick handling attributes, but my team's AI players never seem to get a good shot on goal or they can't handle my passes. I am on the 1st line, but I have gotten demoted once.

I will have to admit though, playing something challenging for once (on All-Star difficulty) makes me want to play the single player BAP even more. It seems like I got bored when I dominated in NHL 09 (I played Superstar).
Old Sep. 15th, '08, 4:46 pm   #27
Eli2292
Flyers STH 210A
Sep 2008 37
New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Eli2292

i jsut made it to the second line with the Flyers. Might start over and do that random draft website
Old Sep. 15th, '08, 5:20 pm   #28
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,601
Boston
Default Another changes to goalie....

After careful consideration I have made changes to dedicate myself to being a goalie for the team. I still have the DFD as a backup when needed, though I expect to spend most of my time playing goal.

Player Info:
Name: Pieter Coucke
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 233lbs
Position: Goalie
Style: Standup

Be a Pro Settings:
Difficulty: ALL-STAR
Organization: Detroit
Season Expectations:
- Save Percentage 86 or better
- GAA of 2.50 or better
- Suit up 45 games
- 21 wins
- 7 shutouts

Career Statistics
Record: 4-2-0
Goals Against Average: 1.47
Save percentage: 0.910
Shutout(s): 1
Shootout Record: 1-0

Current as of this edit.

Last edited by OSB; Sep. 16th, '08 at 10:33 am.

Old Sep. 15th, '08, 5:33 pm   #29
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,264
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

2.50 GAA and 7 SOs...I saw that, and I was like...wow...high expectations for a skater going goalie...
Old Sep. 15th, '08, 5:52 pm   #30
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
I'm having a lot of fun playing goalie. While I am nowhere near good, I have to admit I am having a great time.
I enjoy the goalie part, but watching my team play is giving me an ulcer. I have a video example of what I see on a consistent basis. The video is titled "ulcer". I swear, if a real coach had to deal with my team on a daily basis, he'd end up in the hospital. It's ridiculous.

I just keep on losing 2-1 games. That's very frustrating especially since the two goals are usually given up early in the game.

Tags
be a pro, nhl 09, share