Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

Old Sep. 14th, '08, 8:27 am   #11
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,570
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino

I have played around 15 games but I get bored really easily playing with the AI.
Old Sep. 14th, '08, 12:58 pm   #12
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,094
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

I actually have 2 going.

First is a Sniper Center playing for the Blue Jackets. Thought it was realistic as the Jackets really are in need of a true number 1 center and would draft someone like my player. About 10 games into the season already been called up to the Jackets due to injuries to both Rick Nash & Jiri Novotny. So both Derrick Brassard and I got called up. Currently playing on 3rd line.

Second is a defensive dman playing for the Capitals(drafted). Just got called up today before playing my last game. Think I had about 15 games in with Hersey. Seem to have more fun playing d then with my center. Currently on 3rd line.

Overall seems way to easy to move up the lines/teams. Think it'd be more realistic if your BAP player wasn't rated 78-79.
Old Sep. 14th, '08, 4:32 pm   #13
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,570
Montreal, Quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
I actually have 2 going.

First is a Sniper Center playing for the Blue Jackets. Thought it was realistic as the Jackets really are in need of a true number 1 center and would draft someone like my player. About 10 games into the season already been called up to the Jackets due to injuries to both Rick Nash & Jiri Novotny. So both Derrick Brassard and I got called up. Currently playing on 3rd line.

Second is a defensive dman playing for the Capitals(drafted). Just got called up today before playing my last game. Think I had about 15 games in with Hersey. Seem to have more fun playing d then with my center. Currently on 3rd line.

Overall seems way to easy to move up the lines/teams. Think it'd be more realistic if your BAP player wasn't rated 78-79.
How do you get drafted by a team?
Old Sep. 14th, '08, 4:37 pm   #14
XBoxJon
Bringing heat

Jun 2008 6,921
St. Louis, MO

Are you guys playing with line changes are doing it like your online character where you played with him for the entire 60 minutes (other than if you take a penalty of course).

Old Sep. 14th, '08, 5:05 pm   #15
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,264
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

Once I decided to change to Darik Tracos, I've decided to completely change everything and therefor end up in a new BAP. So here's the new situation Darik is in.

Player Info:
Name: Darik Tracos
Height: 5'11
Weight: 175 lbs
Position: RW
Style: Dangler

Be a Pro Settings:
Difficulty: All-Star
Organization: Buffalo Sabres ('drafted')
Season Expectations:
- 28 goals (Well on my way)
- 60 points (22 right now, so I should be ok.)
- 180 shots (I've taken a very good share of shots.)
- 25 assists (This, like my last BAP, could be problematic.)

Career Update (Sept 14):
I've been ripping it up with Darik in the AHL. 6 games in and he's racked up 19 goals and 3 assists for 22 points. I executed some cheeseness here and there and some puck hogging and empty net hogging, but a guy's gotta do what he's gotta do haha =P. Just got promoted to the 2nd line in Portland I hope to move on from there.
Old Sep. 14th, '08, 5:25 pm   #16
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxJon View Post
Are you guys playing with line changes are doing it like your online character where you played with him for the entire 60 minutes (other than if you take a penalty of course).
I'm a goalie

I played a game as a LW first though. Personally, even though I like the realistic line changes, I didn't like it because I had to play as another player when I was resting. I think that was my settings though. I think the choices are Authentic, something, and something. I forgot what I chose but if I could watch from the bench during my rest, I'd choose whatever option that is. I like it to be realistic.

I think Authentic would achieve that. I chose Authentic for my goalie and I only play the games I start which is awesome. When I chose the other, I had to play with the other goalie and I didn't like that. If I'm playing, I want to only build my guy up.
Old Sep. 14th, '08, 6:00 pm   #17
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,570
Montreal, Quebec

Cn someone tell me how you get drafted to a team?
Old Sep. 14th, '08, 6:48 pm   #18
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,264
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

search 'drafted' in the search box on the site, itll bring you to a forum that Kaabik suggested how to artificially draft yourself. the game does NOT draft you
Old Sep. 14th, '08, 7:39 pm   #19
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,570
Montreal, Quebec

I did it and I landed with minny.
Old Sep. 14th, '08, 8:39 pm   #20
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,732
NE of TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxJon View Post
Yes, I play with line changes (I think it's called "Authentic" in the game settings when you set it up.) I like sitting on the bench watching my team play as my lungs recoup, it's so sim!
But when I'm all "green" again, I press that X button and get myself on the ice.

Tags
be a pro, nhl 09, share