Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Baseball

Old Apr. 18th, '13, 10:55 am   #21
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,583
Boston

Funny, yes, but the little guy probably felt really bad/stupid afterwards, and it would have made me feel better to see dad comforting his son rather than looking all pissy about it. But that's just me, and I'm a big ole softy.

Old Apr. 18th, '13, 6:23 pm   #22
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie Man View Post
Funny, yes, but the little guy probably felt really bad/stupid afterwards, and it would have made me feel better to see dad comforting his son rather than looking all pissy about it. But that's just me, and I'm a big ole softy.
The clip was edited. As you know, sometimes the more you try and comfort a kid, the worse they get. So you let them sit there and cry it out (or work it out however). Plus, knowing the camera and crowd was focused on me, I would've probably acted differently than I normally would.

If he was cradling/hugging the kid after what he did, people would claim he was "babying" him or whatever.

When I say it was edited, maybe the part we don't see he patted him on the back. To me, the Mom was the one that made the kid feel bad with the way she reacted. The kid just felt stupid like you said. So it probably was much easier to let him deal with it rather than try and reason it out.

Maybe he took them out for ice cream afterwards and they talked about it. Years from now, they will be laughing about it most likely.

*EDIT* The Dad actually smiles a couple of times and when he throws his hands in the air I think it's more about the kid being inconsolable