Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Mar. 13th, '11, 12:28 am   #501
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Ditto. Im usually pretty good about suspending disbelief for these kind of movies but this one was just so f'n ridiculous.
Yeah, I wasn't aware that this movie was a sequel either, I thought it was a re-make.

Click here to see full text
I immediately didn't like how they use a CGI version of Jeff Bridges. It wouldn't have been bad if it didn't look brutal. Looked like they took a character out of Beowulf movie. I haven't been so disappointed with a movies special effects since the late '90s.
Old Mar. 13th, '11, 2:30 am   #502
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,780
St. Louis, Mo

Wow, I just watched Cold Souls with Paul Giamatti. And it was... HORRIBLE!!!

The only thing that was worth it is Katheryn Winnick is in the movie and I thought she was hot. So I looked her up, but found out she's Canadian so even that was ruined.

Bad movie.

I was a half-hour into the movie and still wasn't sure if it was a comedy, drama, comedy-drama, whatever. At the end, I figured out that it was a waste of time
Old Mar. 13th, '11, 2:50 am   #503
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,125
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I checked out Barbarella on Netflix last night. It's a campy semi-erotic science fiction show featuring a young Jane Fonda. Not sure what prompted me to watch it, but if you're the kind of person who likes movies that are so bad they end up hilarious, you'll love Barbarella (and young Jane Fonda ass).
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Mar. 14th, '11, 1:56 am   #504
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,759
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

I finally watched Dinner for Schmucks, I wasn't very impressed. It had its moments for sure but over all I was disappointed.
Old Mar. 14th, '11, 7:25 am   #505
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
Yeah, I wasn't aware that this movie was a sequel either, I thought it was a re-make.

Click here to see full text
I immediately didn't like how they use a CGI version of Jeff Bridges. It wouldn't have been bad if it didn't look brutal. Looked like they took a character out of Beowulf movie. I haven't been so disappointed with a movies special effects since the late '90s.
Agreed, that CGI was bad. I thought they did a good job with the light-cycles, but other then that it was trash. Of course i'd be very interested in buying a machine that could create Olivia Wilde bodies out of thin air
Old Mar. 14th, '11, 11:49 am   #506
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,125
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I've been on a Kevin Smith kick lately. Which is odd, because I used to absolutely HATE his stuff.

I've now seen everything but Chasing Amy. I still don't really like Dogma, since it puts that Affleck bastard front and centre (which is also why I've held off on Chasing Amy). But I gotta say, Jason Mewes is one funny bastard. And the Randal and Dante and Elias dialogue is just awesome in Clerks II.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Mar. 14th, '11, 1:04 pm   #507
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,674
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
And the Randal and Dante and Elias dialogue is just awesome in Clerks II.
You must be referring to Pillowpants, the troll that lives in his girlfriend's poo-hah.
Old Mar. 14th, '11, 4:09 pm   #508
SkatingPenguin
Not bad for 1.5 mil eh?

Jun 2008 2,734
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to SkatingPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latdogg View Post
I finally watched Dinner for Schmucks, I wasn't very impressed. It had its moments for sure but over all I was disappointed.
I watched this last weekend and thought it was crap
Old Mar. 14th, '11, 4:14 pm   #509
KT
Jul 2008 5,144

Last weekend a skiier was left overnight on a gondala in Whislter. It reminded me to watch the movie "Frozen". Basically three skiiers get stuck on a gondola/ski lift over night and have to try and survive. I enjoyed it, it's worth watching.
Old Mar. 14th, '11, 4:59 pm   #510
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT View Post
Last weekend a skiier was left overnight on a gondala in Whislter. It reminded me to watch the movie "Frozen". Basically three skiiers get stuck on a gondola/ski lift over night and have to try and survive. I enjoyed it, it's worth watching.
I thought i was the only one who watched that movie . It was actually pretty decent and very creepy. Just a horrible feeling being stuck like that, gives me the chills. Just dont watch it expecting a big budget movie since the entire thing was filmed on a chair lift.