Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Jun. 22nd, '12, 8:03 pm   #1001
kdfsjljklgjfg
Jul 2008 1,921
Austin, TX
Send a message via AIM to kdfsjljklgjfg Send a message via Skype™ to kdfsjljklgjfg

Went to the midnight release of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter last night.

If I had to give it an objective review as an action movie, it was okay. Not fantastic, not bad.

As someone who read the book, I'm just utterly confused. Literally the ENTIRE story has been changed beyond the historical details, and the existence of 2 characters, making for a very disappointing, perplexing experience as you wait for "X" to happen, and than they go off the charts and give you "*".

Mr. Utility
Old Jun. 28th, '12, 8:10 am   #1002
HE HATE ME 77
Banned
Feb 2009 488
East Rutherford, NJ
Send a message via MSN to HE HATE ME 77 Send a message via AIM to HE HATE ME 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfsjljklgjfg View Post
Went to the midnight release of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter last night.

If I had to give it an objective review as an action movie, it was okay. Not fantastic, not bad.

As someone who read the book, I'm just utterly confused. Literally the ENTIRE story has been changed beyond the historical details, and the existence of 2 characters, making for a very disappointing, perplexing experience as you wait for "X" to happen, and than they go off the charts and give you "*".
they did that to me with hunger games ... i downloaded it i didnt pay to see it but it still left me wanting to throw my tv at the wall
[IMG]http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab37/nyr21135/TBSIG2_zps9e9f52dd.jpg[/IMG]
Old Jun. 28th, '12, 9:00 am   #1003
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,342
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

Real Steel

Reminded me of Over the Top. I actually enjoyed the movie.

7/10
Old Jun. 30th, '12, 9:37 pm   #1004
PLAYMKR
Ultimate Niner Fan

Aug 2008 872
Wylie, TX

Wow..Got a movie for you dads out there. Beautiful Boy.

Great premise and very well done. Here's the premise. We all hear about these school shootings. What happens when your kid is the shooter? This movie had me in deep conversation with my wife. The pain is very real in this one. So don't watch it if you are looking for an uplifting movie. Makes me want to hug my kids even more now.

A- for subject and presentation.
Old Jul. 1st, '12, 10:20 am   #1005
PLAYMKR
Ultimate Niner Fan

Aug 2008 872
Wylie, TX

Been saving a few for you.

1. Safe house. Great movie. Wished i had seen this on the big screen. Lots of action, and i enjoyed the exchange between the two star actors. Somewhat weak in just a few areas, but i really enjoyed Denzell. B+.

2. Act of Vengeance. Look at what happens to an individual and his family after he is accused of being a terrorist. The story was good,just several questions regarding characters and history, that never got answered. C+

3. Seeking Justice. Typical Nick Cage acting but the story kept my interest. Several plot twists that kept it going for me. C-.

4. Man on a ledge. Great movie with several well done scenes, but the last 5 minutes really soured me. They wanted everything wrapped up i9n a nice little bow. Except for the ending, it was worth your time. B-.

5. Rampart. Excited to see Woody Harilson in a new role. Stopped it after 33 minutes. One messed up movie and family! F

6. Gone. Great movie that keeps it going full throttle. Loved the lead actress and all she went through to triumph at the end. B+.

7.Haywire. Loved it. A female action star! A-
Old Jul. 1st, '12, 12:17 pm   #1006
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,082
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYMKR View Post
Wow..Got a movie for you dads out there. Beautiful Boy.

Great premise and very well done. Here's the premise. We all hear about these school shootings. What happens when your kid is the shooter? This movie had me in deep conversation with my wife. The pain is very real in this one. So don't watch it if you are looking for an uplifting movie. Makes me want to hug my kids even more now.

A- for subject and presentation.
I saw this a few months ago. Probably the most depressing movie I've seen in a long time. Fucked up flick.

Old Jul. 2nd, '12, 7:27 am   #1007
HE HATE ME 77
Banned
Feb 2009 488
East Rutherford, NJ
Send a message via MSN to HE HATE ME 77 Send a message via AIM to HE HATE ME 77

went and saw ted last night and it was hialrious only thing i can tell those who havent seen it, if u dont like family guy u wont like ted , pretty mucha guarentee
[IMG]http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab37/nyr21135/TBSIG2_zps9e9f52dd.jpg[/IMG]
Old Jul. 2nd, '12, 10:11 am   #1008
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,877
Austin, TX

I saw Ted too and it is awesome. I really am not a big fan of Family Guy past the first couple seasons but Seth and Mark made it hilarious.
Old Jul. 2nd, '12, 3:33 pm   #1009
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,093
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Goon: 3/5. Overall was a OK movie but wasn't anything great. A TON of f bombs. LOL I don't mind but think the wife got sick of it. LOL
Old Jul. 3rd, '12, 2:38 am   #1010
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,080
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Ted: Definitely derivative of Family Guy, from the director to the writers to many of the guest actors, Ted manages to come off as the funniest Peter Griffin cutaway in years. Obviously the show has nothing to do with the Griffins, but the influence is obvious. Noone lovingly makes fun of New England quite like Seth MacFarlane. The central idea of the movie is bloody genius, and even though it slows down late in the picture, there are tons of honest belly laughs to be had. Definitely not appropriate for kids.

8.5/10
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne