Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Football > NCAA

Old Jul. 26th, '11, 3:39 am   #1
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,745
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg
Ncaa Epic Game

So I just completed a really enjoyable game online. I was Illinois @ Michigan and the guy I was playing against took a pretty quick 14-0 lead in the first half. I couldn't get much going on offense as my passing attack was horrible (I couldn't scramble either because for some reason they made Scheelhaase slow in this game. I guess his ~900 rushing yards last year were gained by jogging). I ended up kicking a FG sometime before the end of the first half making it a 14-3 game. The second half was all Illinois, my defense was on crack I guess. I knocked Robinson out of the game and ended up recording 9 sacks. I also picked one of his passes off. I ended up scoring 2 TDs (both passing) and recorded a safety making the score 19-14. He got the ball back with 2 time outs and time for a final drive. I stopped him dead his first 3 plays making it a 4th and long. His next play he completed a bomb to one of his WRs down to my ~30 yard line. I panicked a little but ended up stopping him on a 4th down play with one second left. Scheelhaase took the knee and the game was over! Really exciting game and the best part about it was there wasn't any lag (the guy I was playing lives in the States)!!

Last edited by Latdogg; Jul. 26th, '11 at 7:22 pm.
Old Jul. 26th, '11, 8:39 am   #2
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,713
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Thanks for the recap Lat. Congrats! Its nice to know good random games can still be found.

I guess in Korea you guys get 5 plays to make a first down cause you said after stopping him dead for 3 plays it was 3rd and long. LOL

Old Jul. 26th, '11, 7:24 pm   #3
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,745
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Ha, nice catch! Yea it was funny because I was just screwing around in the menus and on accident clicked the play now or whatever in the Xbox Live menu and it paired me up with that guy. Was funny that it was another Big 10 team. And it was even sweeter that it was Michigan because any time Illinois can beat them it is a good day for me
Old Jul. 26th, '11, 8:04 pm   #4
Huskies v3
One Last Run

Dec 2008 470
Chicago, Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Huskies v3 Send a message via AIM to Huskies v3

I just had a great game as well with Illinois. It was in my first year of my Illinois dynasty. Ohio State came to town undefeated for a show-down of 2 unbeaten teams. As my Fighting Illini were 5-0 at the time of the game. Was a defensive battle until the end of the 3rd. In the 4th both team's offenses finally came alive. I drove down the field to take a 21-14 lead with just :28 seconds left on this play:

But of course I left OSU way too much time to tie the game with just :15 seconds left. On the last possession of the game I threw up a hail mary praying for no overtime and I got my wish. Here is the final play of this game:

Illinois wins 28-21.
Old Jul. 26th, '11, 8:57 pm   #5
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

holy crap, look at that straight arm

Old Jul. 26th, '11, 9:46 pm   #6
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,745
Fontanafredda, Italy

Damn, looks like a tight game. I like how Illinois plays in this game. I also like that Ford is a beast. My only gripe is how slow they made Scheelhaase.