Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Fighting

Old Jun. 20th, '10, 11:15 am   #111
Xenogenetic

Jun 2008 1,544
Ottawa, ON
Send a message via MSN to Xenogenetic

Yeah BBB, it seems like it was a snoozer. Gunderson had the strategy to take Mark down and control him from top position and he worked it well. Mark didn't get a chance to employ much striking. He almost secured a submission at the end of the third but the time ran out. Wrestling is his weakness and hopefully he will be more successful his 2nd chance otherwise back to the drawing board and working his way up the ladder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
Sucks they couldn't show Mark Holst's fight (Xeno's trainer). From what I read about it though, maybe it was a good thing
Old Jun. 22nd, '10, 3:02 am   #112
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,716
Boston

McWhiney and his camp are trying to get the loss overturned because they contend he was hit with an illegal strike to the back of the head. I find this ironic given the repeated illegal strikes he landed on Schoonover in TUF 10, once clearly illegal AND after the end of the round.

The Hammer Hammill has more heart than most fighters I've watched fight, but the fact that he and his team knowingly exposed Jardine and anyone fighting after them to an active staph (MERSA) infection is absolutely inexcusable. Whatever doctor cleared him to fight should be fired, if not prosecuted. Staph is incredibly resistant to anti-biotics, and commonly costs people limbs if not their lives. There is absolutely zero excuse for knowingly exposing anyone to an active, untreated staph infection. I really like Hammill and think he's an inspiration, but man they screwed up when they let him fight.

If I were Jardine, McCray, or McGee and was not informed about the staph infection I would be PISSED as hell. Horrible decision there, that stuff ends careers and lives.

Tags
franklin, liddell, middleweights, ortiz, the ultimate fighter, tuf, ultimate fighter