Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Fighting

Old Aug. 24th, '13, 8:52 am   #1
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,611
Canada
UFC Condit vs. Kampmann (Free)

Another free card which is good to see......I have to see if Kelvin Gastelum made the right call dropping weight classes.....also love to watch Court McGee fight....finally does Bubba cower like he did when Hall beat him down in TUF...he looked absolutely petrified in that fight.

Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann
Donald Cerrone vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Paulo Thiago
Court McGee vs. Robert Whittaker
Bubba McDaniel vs. Brad Tavares
Takeya Mizugaki vs. Erik Perez

Papy Abedi vs. Dylan Andrews
Justin Edwards vs. Brandon Thatch
Darren Elkins vs. Hatsu Hioki
James Head vs. Bobby Voelker

Ben Alloway vs. Zak Cummings
Roger Bowling vs. Abel Trujillo

Nice little blurb on the main card here.
http://www.ufc.ca/news/UFC-Fight-Nig...antasy-Preview

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Aug. 24th, '13, 11:25 am   #2
KT
Jul 2008 5,199
Vancouver, B.C

3 UFC events in a span of 8 days! 2 of them being free, what a great time of the year to be an MMA fan!

I think Kelvin made the right call, he looked like a small middleweight, at least he's a decent sized welterweight now. I can see him overpowering a lot of those guys, his wrestling is outstanding and he's young and will only get better.

Brad Tavares is a badass, I think he will smash Bubba but you never know.

Robert Whitaker same thing, his power is unbelievable and won TUF Australia vs UK, I watched that season and he had some amazing knockouts. His takedown defense should be good enough to keep the fight standing.. and that's where he shines. I could see Whitaker being a serious contender one day.

Looking forward to these.

Old Aug. 24th, '13, 1:08 pm   #3
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,611
Canada

I didn't know that about Whitaker KT......man I can't wait for that fight......Court does a pretty good job of keeping his chin tucked so it could be a banger of a fight.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Aug. 24th, '13, 3:18 pm   #4
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,694
Boston

Definitely looking forward to this event! I'm personally a big Court McGee fan - I love a guy who makes the most of his second chance and hope he's able to stay clean while finding long term success and happiness!

Old Aug. 24th, '13, 8:39 pm   #5
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Always a fan a free cards, then again I watch every card for free. Self incrimination?

Anyway, this is a very promising card. I'm still very high on Abel Trujillo, and still feel like he's going to be a very big deal, very soon. Losing to Khabib something Russian, shouldn't hold him back that much. Bobby Voelker is basically fighting for his career after losing to Patrick Cote and Robbie Lawler, so I'm looking forward to his performance.

Hatsu Hioki, much like Abel Trujillo I'm a huge fan of his, and he needs a win. Papy Abedi was very impressive in his last fight. Goyito Perez is always exciting to watch, as is Court McGee. Gastelum dropping down to fight Paulo Thiago, I'm impressed just by the attempt. It's going to be a hell of a challenge, and if he comes out on top his stock is going to skyrocket.

And the two top fights. I'd be shocked if Cerrone didn't come out on top in his fight, but regardless it should be a great match up. And Condit-Kampmann. I'll admit, with Condit being my favorite fighter, I'm a bit nervous. Kampmann needs a win now more than ever, and Condit could easily put himself into another title shot with a win. If this doesn't end in a KO, I'd be amazed.

All in all, top to bottom, this is a great card, especially for free TV.