Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Fighting

Old May. 22nd, '09, 11:53 am   #11
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by willoman View Post
There are enough visual cues not to have the meters. If you've dominated most of the fight/round u know u're opponents health should be low along with stamina. It's a no brainer IMO. Not to push the "SIM" factor on anyone but it feels cheap with the meters on the screen. With the amount of flash knockdowns/knockouts the meters aren't needed. I do see how it would help anyone to bring the fight to the ground and try to submit someone because they see they have no more health or stamina...actually that's why i feel it's cheap.
Coming from a guy who tries to win 100% of his matches by subs, I think they are very useful. In real life, while I'm laying on top of the guy, I'd be able to tell how gassed he is. You have small visualizations in game but it's not as accurate as real life. From a KO'ers stand point, then I'd agree they are useless, as there is no rhyme or reason to the KO's.

It is easier to submit humans at anytime but I still find they rely information that I'd know in real life, that doesn't really translate well to video games.
Old May. 22nd, '09, 12:47 pm   #12
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
Coming from a guy who tries to win 100% of his matches by subs, I think they are very useful. In real life, while I'm laying on top of the guy, I'd be able to tell how gassed he is. You have small visualizations in game but it's not as accurate as real life. From a KO'ers stand point, then I'd agree they are useless, as there is no rhyme or reason to the KO's.

It is easier to submit humans at anytime but I still find they rely information that I'd know in real life, that doesn't really translate well to video games.
You guys are no help. I was hoping the majority would be using one or the other

But Jeffrey, I'm in the same position as you. I figure it's "easy" to get a KO. Therefore, while playing offline I focus on the ground game. It's probably why I lose many matches by KO.

I figure when I go online, I'll be well-rounded and can go for the KO. But if I don't get it, I'll have skills to fall back on (if that makes sense).

I'm too worried about getting hit with that one hit KO to even notice visual cues. Plus, I can sit there and wail on a guy for the whole round and then get hit once and lose. So no, I can't tell when he's tired.

I might leave it off for now, but eventually I'll need to know when I can go for the submission. My 5 wins have all been KO, TKO, or Decision (finally).
Old May. 22nd, '09, 12:53 pm   #13
infrb
GO SHARKS GO!!
Jul 2008 503
Bay Area, CA

When you start to play people that are good, the meters help. When a guy is gassed standing it's very easy to tell when his stamina is low, but when he's tired on the ground it's a bit harder. It's really stupid to "guess" when a guy is tired on the ground, because if he's not, then you're going to get reversed into a bad position, or be stood up. When a guy has full stamina, it's nearly impossible to get them to tap (unlike in real life where a mistake will get you sub'd, not just by how tired you are).
Old May. 22nd, '09, 1:21 pm   #14
Fiddy
Banned
Aug 2008 667

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
I think I submitted Boozers about 20 seconds into one of our matches. He got tired walking from the lockeroom to the octagon. :thumbups:
who hasnt subbmitted boozers? :thumbups:
Old May. 22nd, '09, 9:50 pm   #15
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Here is a perfect example of why I like the meters on. Should I have known the guy was gassed form all the punches, yeah I guess so. But in real life you'd be able to tell he was breathing super hard and you'd be able to tell he had nothing on his punches, where in the game you really can't tell that.

For best results and to watch it in it's true resolution, you'll have to watch it on YouTube.
Old May. 26th, '09, 8:04 am   #16
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,623
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
I think I submitted Boozers about 20 seconds into one of our matches. He got tired walking from the lockeroom to the octagon. :thumbups:
lol...now that is funny J.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old May. 26th, '09, 8:15 am   #17
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,623
Canada

I think the stamina bars on will really help add to the realism. Not visually of course.

For guys that are not into the game hardcore it will help tons..they can clearly tell when they are gassing their fighters and adjust accordingly. I mean someone that plays the game a lot will probably be able to pick up on the visual cues…I know when guys are on the ground it is a lot harder to tell when a fighter is low on stamina but there are some hints.

It also kind of levels the playing field in regard to the striking and submission game (unless you are able to see the little hints of a gassed fighter on the ground), If a striker knows that his opponent can see his stamina bar he will be less apt to come out throwing bomb after bomb hoping for a flash KO.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self