Old Mar. 25th, '09, 11:25 am   #21
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy View Post
wait, wrestling isnt realistic anyway lol..
Haha point well made Fiddy.

Anyway, I've been looking at it, it's quite pricey and all, and it's only getting 5-6/10s, any thoughts guys?
Old Mar. 25th, '09, 11:29 am   #22
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,873
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Its really all about the nostalgia IMO. Controls are definitely barebones. But I haven't bought a wrestling game in years, so I don't know what a more "hardcore" wrestling game would be like to control. I went back and forth on purchasing, but nostalgia won and I picked it up.

Seems like you can have matches last forever. There is a taunt you can perform that regenerates 25% of your health. I went from no health to perfect health on the computer in no time.

Old Mar. 25th, '09, 1:28 pm   #23
ShoalinCowboy76
Goonie for Life!

Dec 2008 1,597
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Send a message via MSN to ShoalinCowboy76

I agree with OTH. Its all about the nostalgia. I'm sure that the controls are better on Smackdown but when I'm using the 4 Horseman to battle it out with LOD it really dose not seem to bother me that much. Hopefully I'll be able to get an online match together with one of you guys on Friday night.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
Old Mar. 25th, '09, 3:50 pm   #24
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Got it. Well currently just a rental but I'll be picking it up probably over the weekend/early next week. So far having a blast with it. Love the movies you can unlock. Only thing I really don't understand is when the attacker/defender things pop up. Not really sure what I'm suppose to do there as nothing is highlighted like in the button mashing mini-game.
Old Mar. 25th, '09, 9:24 pm   #25
Fiddy
Banned
Aug 2008 667

who has smackdown vs raw 2009?

if so, do you have the datel transfer kit?

please post a game save.

thats all you need on your 360 is a game save from smackdown and i can import superstars etc.
Old Mar. 26th, '09, 9:22 am   #26
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,873
South Amboy, NJ

Jeffrey, not sure I know what you are talking about attacker/defender thing. I do recall seeing something pop up in one of my matches where the button mashing icon came up on both sides of the screen, so I think maybe it is a button masher and the fastest finger wins?

Figured out the corner slam thing. You need to do all Irish Whips into each corner to unlock it. So you have to remember mentally and keep track of which corners you still need to do it into. I thought it was an achievement like the others where it would say your progress 1/4, 2/4 etc., but I was wrong.

Still can't figure out a sure fire way to cut someone open unless you are in a cage match and Irish Whip them into it. Loved the Hogan vs. Bundy Wrestlemania 2 cage match!!!! That was the one scenerio I really wanted to play too!

Old Mar. 26th, '09, 9:51 am   #27
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

So here's the question I want some opinion on...Is this worth 70 bucks?
Old Mar. 26th, '09, 10:58 am   #28
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,873
South Amboy, NJ

No, not worth 70 bucks, but I feel I am getting my money's worth at $59.99 + tax. Ha ha Canadians!

Old Mar. 26th, '09, 2:17 pm   #29
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
Jeffrey, not sure I know what you are talking about attacker/defender thing. I do recall seeing something pop up in one of my matches where the button mashing icon came up on both sides of the screen, so I think maybe it is a button masher and the fastest finger wins?

Figured out the corner slam thing. You need to do all Irish Whips into each corner to unlock it. So you have to remember mentally and keep track of which corners you still need to do it into. I thought it was an achievement like the others where it would say your progress 1/4, 2/4 etc., but I was wrong.

Still can't figure out a sure fire way to cut someone open unless you are in a cage match and Irish Whip them into it. Loved the Hogan vs. Bundy Wrestlemania 2 cage match!!!! That was the one scenerio I really wanted to play too!
The difference is that not all the buttons light up like the button mashing mini game. So not really sure what's going on and the directions say nothing about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrc View Post
So here's the question I want some opinion on...Is this worth 70 bucks?
In my opinoin no. I really don't even think it's worth $60. If it came with like the Best of Saturday Night Main Even dvd that the instruction booklet promotes, then it'd be worth it. The game is fun and the nostalgia part of the game is very cool but just really don't know how much replayability there is, if we don't have a league here.

Am I the only one that thinks the breaking the pin is alittle too hard, compared to how simple and arcady the rest of the controls are? I understand you don't want matches lasting forever but your suppose to break the pin in the Hogan/Slaughter match twice. I guess after time it'd probably become alot easier once you get the timing of it down.
Old Mar. 26th, '09, 2:29 pm   #30
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,229
Toronto

I believe Slow Elk will be putting something together for a WWE Wrestling League here. I just don't think it will have scoreboard support...at least for right now.