Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Fighting

Old Mar. 6th, '09, 9:55 am   #21
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,229
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolute View Post
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I hope the Nature Boy Ric Flair is in it...

He is Woooooooooooo! Stylin' & Profilin'

Old Mar. 6th, '09, 10:05 am   #22
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,229
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow elk View Post
I'm not sure about this one after playing the demo...The controls seem too basic and a little awkward. Half of the game seemed like it was predetermined. I used both guys, and when the AI would grab me, all I had to do was wait for the big blue x, big yellow y, big green A, or the big red b to pop up and follow the instructions. It reminded me of this video game thing that was given to my daughter when she was younger. She just watched the screen for a shape to appear and the pressed the corresponding button on the controller. She's older now, so I bet she'd be really good at it....maybe she can be my tag team partner. I'm gonna play it some more, but I just don't want this game to be a let down like LOTR. I've already preordered it, so I need to make a decision soon.
That's exactly what they were trying to do, make it very simple to play. Since they knew their demographics would be primarily older guys, I'm 34 (most young kids don't know most of these wrestlers), they wanted to make it easy for us to pick it up and play right away. I just love how these old guys bring back memories of me as a kid, staying up late watching Saturday Nights Main Event..lol. They (THQ) said it's nothing like the complicated controls for Raw vs Smackdown. That one reason why I don't play that.....and I don't watch wrestling anymore to know half the guys.

I can't wait to step into the ring with my fellow XBS'ers.

Old Mar. 6th, '09, 10:10 am   #23
Synyster Diablo

Jul 2008 4,795

To be the man, you gotta beat the man and Ric Flair was the man...

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Samuel Johnson
Old Mar. 6th, '09, 10:19 am   #24
Fiddy
Banned
Aug 2008 667

you guys do know you can play as the rock and stone cold as well right? in the relive mode!!
Old Mar. 6th, '09, 10:26 am   #25
ShoalinCowboy76
Goonie for Life!

Dec 2008 1,597
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Send a message via MSN to ShoalinCowboy76

I know but I'm way to old to consider them "Legends" of the wrestling world. It's all about the Nature Boy and maybe The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
Old Mar. 6th, '09, 10:41 am   #26
Synyster Diablo

Jul 2008 4,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy View Post
you guys do know you can play as the rock and stone cold as well right? in the relive mode!!
That was kind of cool how they have the video of the hype leading up to that match before hand to make you actually feel like you were wrestling in that match.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Samuel Johnson
Old Mar. 6th, '09, 11:58 am   #27
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

After playing the demo, pretty interested. I'm almost positive I'll pick it up sooner or later, may not be at release or for $60 but it'll be worth it just to play as the old wrestlers.

I don't really mind the predetermined button pressing that pops up in the circle, as long as it not always the same button for the same move. For example, as long as every time I go for a headlock, it's not always the A button.
Old Mar. 6th, '09, 12:05 pm   #28
Synyster Diablo

Jul 2008 4,795

I think the button pattern that you are talking about Jeffrey is random, at least it appeared to be in the short amount of time I played it...
Old Mar. 6th, '09, 1:25 pm   #29
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

I'm probably still going to get it....I just wish the controls were exactly like WCW vs nWo world tour on the N64. That was the best wrestling game ever!

Last edited by slow elk; Mar. 6th, '09 at 1:31 pm.
Old Mar. 10th, '09, 4:25 pm   #30
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,229
Toronto

Coming out 2 weeks from today! Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!