Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Fighting

Old Jul. 16th, '15, 7:32 am   #1
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,611
Canada
UFC Mir VS Duffee

Watched the fight last night....you have to see it....

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Jul. 16th, '15, 9:28 am   #2
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,698
Boston

It's waiting for me on the DVR at home for tonight.

Did anyone catch UFC 189 this past weekend? What a fight night that was!

Old Jul. 18th, '15, 8:58 pm   #3
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

It's been an amazing week for fights, that's for sure. Last Saturday had two of the greatest fights I've ever seen, the Mir fight was absolutely shocking and perhaps the most "Heavyweight-ist heavyweight fight" ever, and the Scotland card this afternoon was solid as well.

Certainly feeling myself getting burned out though. 3 events in a week is just too much.
Old Jul. 20th, '15, 4:01 pm   #4
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,611
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougie View Post
It's been an amazing week for fights, that's for sure. Last Saturday had two of the greatest fights I've ever seen, the Mir fight was absolutely shocking and perhaps the most "Heavyweight-ist heavyweight fight" ever, and the Scotland card this afternoon was solid as well.

Certainly feeling myself getting burned out though. 3 events in a week is just too much.
I hear ya......i did get quite excited for the Rousey fight....especially after I read the comments she made towards Floyd Mayweather.....zinger.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Jul. 21st, '15, 3:06 pm   #5
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,698
Boston

I'll get excited about a Rousey fight when she takes on Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos. There really isn't anyone else out there who could legitimately challenge her. In fact, I think Cyborg would destroy her, which is why I don't think the fight will happen any time soon.

Old Jul. 22nd, '15, 8:49 am   #6
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
I'll get excited about a Rousey fight when she takes on Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos. There really isn't anyone else out there who could legitimately challenge her. In fact, I think Cyborg would destroy her, which is why I don't think the fight will happen any time soon.
I'm excited for a Ronda fight regardless, it's always a spectacle. However, I'm with you on the Cyborg deal. Obviously there's been the weight class debate for ages, but a 14-1 record, with 12 of her wins by (t)ko? Insane, and I don't know if Ronda would be able to get her to the ground. But unfortunately, you're right, we won't be finding out soon, if ever. Why would Dana risk the golden goose?