Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Football > Madden

Old Sep. 2nd, '15, 9:48 am   #1
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,196
Toronto
Default Madden 16 Sliders

All Madden default sliders with 8 mins QTRS.

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Sep. 25th, '15 at 2:54 pm.

Old Sep. 2nd, '15, 10:36 am   #2
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,220
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

nice man! Ill give them a go tonight :-)
Old Sep. 2nd, '15, 12:21 pm   #3
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

Why are we messing we sliders? I would think we would first need to find the deficiencies in the default settings before we start adjusting them. Any impressions at this point is extremely limited and I would think playing at least a few games of the preseaon and getting feedback from members would be better suited to get an idea of what's a problem and what isn't. I don't have any doubts that adjusting sliders will be necessary as it always is but just don't understand what we're basing the adjustments on.
Old Sep. 2nd, '15, 12:58 pm   #4
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,196
Toronto

Research and playing games, that's what I base it on. I've played 10-15 games all with various settings/sliders and while the default setting is better than previous years, as usual, there are many faults with it.

Mark and I have been playing games and sharing our feedback. Why do you think I posted these Joe, so I could increase my post count by one? No, so you guys can play with them and get your feedback.......

I even got a new follower on my Youtube channel because he was looking for good Madden sliders, tried a set very similar to the one I posted and he loves it. He's a madden vet and said while it was hard, it was fun and realistic. That's what I'm aiming for!

With that said, I never said these were set in stone, the title does say "Current Testing Sliders". Of course we will tweek them as we go if need be.

Sorry Joe but we're not playing on Rookie difficulty for you this year

Old Sep. 2nd, '15, 1:33 pm   #5
MGM

Jun 2008 1,829
St. Louis, Missouri
Send a message via MSN to MGM

Then can we play on rookie for me?
Old Sep. 2nd, '15, 2:32 pm   #6
Thamps
Dish Master

Nov 2010 1,025
Send a message via AIM to Thamps

Just played a couple games with these settings and big thing I noticed is that even with the Browns who have a stud offensive line (reason I pick them) the defense is getting through almost instantly more often than not. I think the pass block needs to be bumped up a bit. Every time I did play action my O-line would let them through untouched.

Old Sep. 2nd, '15, 2:56 pm   #7
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,196
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamps View Post
Just played a couple games with these settings and big thing I noticed is that even with the Browns who have a stud offensive line (reason I pick them) the defense is getting through almost instantly more often than not. I think the pass block needs to be bumped up a bit. Every time I did play action my O-line would let them through untouched.
Ok,

A couple questions for you...

Did you check those plays afterwards to see if they had guys blitzing? Because regardless of how stud an offensive line is, if you have guys blitzing on a play action, odds are not good for the QB

How many sacks did each team have in your games?

In my game last night, I lost to the Giants 17-13, Giants had 1 sack and the Bills had 2.

Old Sep. 2nd, '15, 3:07 pm   #8
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,196
Toronto

Here are my game stats from last night.

If you guys could take screen shots of your games and post them in here, that would be fabulous!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Madden Test Game 1.jpg (87.4 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Sep. 2nd, '15 at 3:41 pm.

Old Sep. 2nd, '15, 4:23 pm   #9
Thamps
Dish Master

Nov 2010 1,025
Send a message via AIM to Thamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
Ok,

A couple questions for you...

Did you check those plays afterwards to see if they had guys blitzing? Because regardless of how stud an offensive line is, if you have guys blitzing on a play action, odds are not good for the QB

How many sacks did each team have in your games?

In my game last night, I lost to the Giants 17-13, Giants had 1 sack and the Bills had 2.
A couple times they only had a basic 3 or 4 man rush and 2 of them would get through untouched. How do I add the screenshots on here from Xbox one?

Old Sep. 2nd, '15, 4:25 pm   #10
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
Research and playing games, that's what I base it on. I've played 10-15 games all with various settings/sliders and while the default setting is better than previous years, as usual, there are many faults with it.

Mark and I have been playing games and sharing our feedback. Why do you think I posted these Joe, so I could increase my post count by one? No, so you guys can play with them and get your feedback.......

I even got a new follower on my Youtube channel because he was looking for good Madden sliders, tried a set very similar to the one I posted and he loves it. He's a madden vet and said while it was hard, it was fun and realistic. That's what I'm aiming for!

With that said, I never said these were set in stone, the title does say "Current Testing Sliders". Of course we will tweek them as we go if need be.

Sorry Joe but we're not playing on Rookie difficulty for you this year
It's all good Scott. I do appreciate the work you put in of course. I haven't played many games and didn't think the default settings were all that bad (and I'm losing to the AI) so just thought it seemed premature on the surface to already be adjusting sliders. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. Personally, I would prefer a season with the default settings so as to adjust to the new gameplay mechanics and make adjustments from there. I'm sure there will be patches that come out to address some of the things that are an issue now. Of course, I'll support whatever decision that is handed down and be happy to be a part of this league. There are some serious issues with Franchise mode and EA in fact recommends not starting an online franchise until the patch comes out.

EA Creative Director Advises to Avoid Connected Franchise until Patch