Old Jul. 17th, '13, 2:08 pm   #1
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore
Default Last year for NCAA football ?

Just saw this:

NCAA will not renew EA Sports contract

The NCAA has made the decision not to enter a new contract for the license of its name and logo for the EA Sports NCAA Football video game. The current contract expires in June 2014, but our timing is based on the need to provide EA notice for future planning. As a result, the NCAA Football 2014 video game will be the last to include the NCAA’s name and logo. We are confident in our legal position regarding the use of our trademarks in video games. But given the current business climate and costs of litigation, we determined participating in this game is not in the best interests of the NCAA.

The NCAA has never licensed the use of current student-athlete names, images or likenesses to EA. The NCAA has no involvement in licenses between EA and former student-athletes. Member colleges and universities license their own trademarks and other intellectual property for the video game. They will have to independently decide whether to continue those business arrangements in the future

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...ports+contract
Old Jul. 17th, '13, 2:31 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,118
Toronto

yeah, I touched on this issue in the early release thread a couple days ago. Oh well, madden it is going forward....

Old Jul. 17th, '13, 2:38 pm   #3
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Member colleges and universities license their own trademarks and other intellectual property for the video game. They will have to independently decide whether to continue those business arrangements in the future
I'm confused though. Does that mean each college/university can still decide if they want to continue or not? I read it as the "NCAA" isn't renewing the contract, but it's up to each school what they want to do.

So could there still be a game but without the "NCAA" branding?
Old Jul. 17th, '13, 3:00 pm   #4
Novicain13
XBS Lumbus

Sep 2011 859
Buffalo
Send a message via MSN to Novicain13 Send a message via AIM to Novicain13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
I'm confused though. Does that mean each college/university can still decide if they want to continue or not? I read it as the "NCAA" isn't renewing the contract, but it's up to each school what they want to do.

So could there still be a game but without the "NCAA" branding?
Yea and no bowl games
Old Jul. 17th, '13, 3:05 pm   #5
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,118
Toronto

Ok, I've been giving it some thought this afternoon and watched some reviews on youtube.

for example....

Considering this is the last game and the reviews are pretty good.....I'm going to pick it up later tonight.

I think Xboxjon, Drake, Juji, and the rest of the dynasty team builder crew should pick it up also and we'll revive our dynasty again Always loved building my own school!

Old Jul. 17th, '13, 3:06 pm   #6
Thamps
Dish Master

Nov 2010 1,017
Send a message via AIM to Thamps

This is not good news, I love the NCAA games, me and Daly are already almost through our second season in our dynasty that we started a week ago haha. This game is great and the online dynasty is addicting.
Old Jul. 17th, '13, 9:08 pm   #7
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novicain13 View Post
Yea and no bowl games
Word is they will continue with individual programs signing on. It'll be diminished for sure.

Old Jul. 17th, '13, 10:12 pm   #8
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novicain13 View Post
Yea and no bowl games
Ah, good point. Personally, I would probably prefer fake bowls. I always ended up in the stupid bowl games that you don't want to brag about

"Famous Idaho Potato Bowl"

"Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl"

"Chick-fil-A Bowl"

"San Diego County CU Poinsettia Bowl"

For those that don't know, I don't follow NCAA Football at all so accuracy isn't a big deal to me. I like having the real school names though. As BBB mentioned, the TeamBuilder is my thing even though I like playing against real schools.

Speaking of BBB's TeamBuilder post, I still love the idea of it and would like to do it again sometime. I just won't be buying this version. There are maybe two games I'll be buying for current Gen consoles. Until then, I'm just rolling with what I currently have.
Old Jul. 17th, '13, 10:12 pm   #9
Thamps
Dish Master

Nov 2010 1,017
Send a message via AIM to Thamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
Word is they will continue with individual programs signing on. It'll be diminished for sure.
Even if this happens I wouldn't be getting it, simply wouldn't be near the same.
Old Jul. 18th, '13, 6:15 am   #10
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I think Xboxjon, Drake, Juji, and the rest of the dynasty team builder crew should pick it up also and we'll revive our dynasty again Always loved building my own school!
Do it now!!!!. LOL I've already updated my Indy Racers to NCAA 14. Our Teambuilder dynasty was awesome.