Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Football > NCAA

Old Jul. 21st, '11, 9:58 pm   #11
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxJon View Post
I think the grass actually looks good. I was playing yesterday and noticed that the grass had some depth on the replay, where the players foot would sink and disappear into it and the blades were moving.
I agree with you Jon. I think the game looks great and I like the addition of the 3D grass.
Old Jul. 21st, '11, 11:48 pm   #12
CrackinBacks

Dec 2008 110
Central California
Send a message via MSN to CrackinBacks Send a message via AIM to CrackinBacks

I think the most noticeable stuff is the AI. Zone defenses actually work now. Slider tuning makes this game extremely fun.
Old Jul. 24th, '11, 2:03 pm   #13
rangers9494fan
Nov 2010 532

does it bother anyone that the refs talk is off with the PA system on booth reviews
Old Jul. 24th, '11, 2:11 pm   #14
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,679
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers9494fan View Post
does it bother anyone that the refs talk is off with the PA system on booth reviews
I think that might be part of the realism.
Old Jul. 24th, '11, 2:19 pm   #15
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I had to check as well to make sure it was 1080p, something doesn't seem right IMO

last year was clear and crisp and I have seen some junky shading already, on a side note the Bass is incredible this year!! the load screen when the X's and O's are dropping down (after you hit start button) is awesome! tackles sound way better as well, just seem to have that extra "oomph"

Old Jul. 24th, '11, 2:27 pm   #16
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

After playing a few games, I barely notice it. I've gotten used to the way the game looks and plays. Now I wish I could learn to throw the ball earlier....I throw entirely too many iNTs. must be used to Madden or something.
Old Jul. 24th, '11, 2:43 pm   #17
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,095
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

Yeah I think the replays is actually what sucks when Talking about the grass.. But Im pretty care free when it comes to everything else.. Now if they can get the patch out to fix the tendencies of the rosters.. The money is well spent..
Old Jul. 24th, '11, 3:01 pm   #18
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Everything I've been reading is that the graphics were really good. Then they patched it.

No comment. They've beaten me to submission, EA has.
Old Jul. 25th, '11, 11:02 am   #19
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Graphically it has been well documented how fantastic the game looks in replays and screenshots. Unfortunately it looks flat during actual gameplay, the crowd looks poor (especially in Road to Glory), and the field art can even look pixelated. The release patch somehow damaged the graphics as well and the PS3 version is even farther behind in all respects.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/14...follow-through

Old Jul. 25th, '11, 11:06 am   #20
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
Yep. I should've linked the posts I read where they had images of the endzone text for one. It affects TeamBuilder fonts the most but considering those are preselected shapes, I don't know how or why You can't have anything but letters and dashes.

*EDIT* Nice, check out the first post here (linked in Rob's article):

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ter-patch.html

Last edited by jujimum; Jul. 25th, '11 at 11:07 am.