Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > 2k Hockey

Old Jul. 22nd, '09, 10:19 pm   #11
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

I'd like to see them fix the skating animation. Right now I think it looks horrid. There is no way to confuse NHL 2k9 with a real game on TV. I still really think they need to take a year or two off and do a complete over haul. As it is now, I don't see it having any chance of competing with NHL 10. The only bright side is the massive amount of sliders 2k's game has.
Old Jul. 22nd, '09, 11:18 pm   #12
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddstyle View Post
This is mentioned in the article:

We were kind of going back to the roots to try to bring back some of the realistic, sim-style hockey.
I mustn't have read that article then. The one I read was about 3 weeks ago or so and it basically said that they were going the other way which was more arcade like.

If they are indeed going more sim style and fix the skating animation as Jeffrey said then I will definitely give the demo a try. However if the game play looks like it did last year then I have no interest. The skating strides didn't match up with the distance traveled and then on top of that all the slap shots while sliding just looked really awkward.
Old Jul. 23rd, '09, 7:35 am   #13
Kiddstyle
Banned
Aug 2008 375

Also mentioned in that article:

We've done a ton of work just trying to make the game look better, play better, feel better. We've done a ton of animations to improve the skating engine, to improve the goalies, to improve stick-handling and to improve the controls in general.

I will believe it when I play it.

I also read somewhere that this game was considered a two-year cycle.

Last edited by Kiddstyle; Jul. 23rd, '09 at 8:08 am.
Old Jul. 23rd, '09, 8:01 am   #14
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

i am really looking forward to the online coop franchise.

that should really be in all sports games.

Old Jul. 23rd, '09, 6:10 pm   #15
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
I mustn't have read that article then. The one I read was about 3 weeks ago or so and it basically said that they were going the other way which was more arcade like.

If they are indeed going more sim style and fix the skating animation as Jeffrey said then I will definitely give the demo a try. However if the game play looks like it did last year then I have no interest. The skating strides didn't match up with the distance traveled and then on top of that all the slap shots while sliding just looked really awkward.
you read this blurb:

Quote:
We didn't have a chance to go hands-on with the game just yet still too early for that but at first glance 2K10 is looking very nice. Just like 2K9 the game is faster, a bit more on an arcade-slant over something like EA's series, and passes, shots, crowd reactions, and speed are all there and looking/sounding great

from this article:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/996/996506p1.html

I still want more information on this game, the web based league setup was awesome when it worked and something that I miss in sports games...

Old Jul. 23rd, '09, 6:15 pm   #16
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/100/1006389p1.html

Online co-op franchise
  • You can invite friends into your franchise to play with you, or against you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolute View Post
Basically, mostly everything EA has already...
Quote:
I was reading the list and was thinking the same thing.

I have to agree that it looks like a feature set from the NHL 09/10 series. At least they aren't focusing on stupid things like Cinemotion or fog-breath.
Not trying to argue, but does EA NHL 10 have online franchises? That's a fairly huge feature for me. I'm all about dynasties and franchises now. Little to no scheduling and lots of fun.
Old Jul. 24th, '09, 2:31 pm   #17
Kiddstyle
Banned
Aug 2008 375

More features: http://consolesports.net/index.php?o...2k9&Itemid=134

NHL 2K10 redefines the sports gaming experience with a new emphasis on social gaming. Whether you're a die-hard NHL fan or a casual player, NHL 2K10's pick-up-and-play controls, true-to-life authenticity and variety of on- and off-line multiplayer modes promise hours of entertainment for any gamer. Among the new features that will make this the must-have hockey game of the season include:

* New Gameplay Mechanics - Completely rewritten AI, enhanced defensive controls and stick lifts, stumble shots, a new defensive skating model and new incidental contact and small animation systems
* Enhanced Presentation - All-new rink intros for each arena, improved goal celebrations, enhanced visuals, and greatly improved, true-to-life character models, with San Jose Sharks commentators Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda returning with new broadcast commentary
* Improved Franchise Mode - NHL 2K10 features a new contract/free agency system, improved roster management, an updated financial model, dynamic player progression, and fantasy drafts
* New Franchise Co-op Play - Play a franchise season game with or against a friend on- or offline, or play a traditional game against the CPU
* Franchise Blog / 2KSports.com Integration - Publish your franchise stats and standings, and upload game highlights and screenshots to your personal page at 2KSports.com
* Enhanced Online Modes - New seamless online integration connects players in Team Up games, tracks your progress with My Player Card, and offers full league, leaderboard, tournament and 2K Share support
* Create Team Mode - Create a persistent team with friends by designing your uniforms, developing a unique team identity, and then competing against other created teams online, offline and in Franchise mode

Wii SPECIFIC FEATURES:

* New Control Scheme - Choose between fun, easy-to-use Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls and Sideways Wii Remote support, or plug in a Wii Classic Controller for three ways to play
* Full Online Modes - For the first time, enjoy full online support for Wii, including multiplayer and multi-console match-ups, downloadable rosters, online leagues, tournaments, leaderboards and Team Up mode featuring persistant created teams and regular Pick-Up Games
* WiiMotion Plus and WiiSpeak Support - Enjoy online voice chat capabilities via WiiSpeak and precise one-to-one control with WiiMotion Plus
* NHL 2K10 launches on September 15th for Wii(TM) system, Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.
Old Jul. 24th, '09, 2:45 pm   #18
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,221
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

* Create Team Mode - Create a persistent team with friends by designing your uniforms, developing a unique team identity, and then competing against other created teams online, offline and in Franchise mode

Is this Team Play?
Old Jul. 24th, '09, 3:43 pm   #19
Kiddstyle
Banned
Aug 2008 375

It sounds like a form of team play.
Old Jul. 24th, '09, 3:57 pm   #20
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

it sounds like Kaabik's wet dream...

nice feature list for sure