Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Basketball

Old Apr. 1st, '11, 5:30 pm   #11
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,722
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

Picked it up today...but I suck in the Draft Combine...at this rate, I won't get drafted at all!

#proudnewfie
Old Apr. 1st, '11, 5:33 pm   #12
IIx Omark xII
May 2009 2,001
Stony Mountain, Manitoba
Send a message via MSN to IIx Omark xII Send a message via AIM to IIx Omark xII Send a message via Skype™ to IIx Omark xII

the draft combine sucks... when its your first time,
Old Apr. 1st, '11, 6:19 pm   #13
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,722
St. John's, NL

I'm supposed to cover John Wall? Are you kidding me? That's like me covering Lebron in real life!

#proudnewfie
Old Apr. 1st, '11, 7:40 pm   #14
IIx Omark xII
May 2009 2,001
Stony Mountain, Manitoba
Send a message via MSN to IIx Omark xII Send a message via AIM to IIx Omark xII Send a message via Skype™ to IIx Omark xII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott50 View Post
I'm supposed to cover John Wall? Are you kidding me? That's like me covering Lebron in real life!
Easy stuff..... Wait till you have to cover kobe or Chris Paul. NOW that is hard
Old Apr. 2nd, '11, 1:34 am   #15
ViolentMP
McRibbed, For Her Pleasure
Mar 2010 390
Anderson, SC

And whatever you do, don't look at the Iso-motion controls for dribbling. You will feel like a caveman trying to read quantum mechanics. But I was in the same boat as you: I don't watch basketball, nor have an inclination to; last basketball game I played was an NCAA game on the Xbox. I was on the fence about this game as well, but since EA raped and pillaged my ability to play BAP in NHL 11, I wanted something to play both offline and online that would allow me to "build" a player. As Tomlinson stated, I had talked about starting a "crew" with XBS players when we have enough people.

I can honestly say that this game is definitely worth the price and I don't regret the purchase at all. Granted, the online can be laggy at times, and people do abuse the hopstep spin alot, but those aren't that major to me. The only thing that can get annoying is having to go against 7'5" centers/forwards, who basically can't be stopped unless you can draw a charge or box them out on rebounds.

Sidenote: Not sure if you knew this Soul, but the Jordan "intro" where you play as him can be skipped; all you have to do is pause it and exit out and it won't go back to it unless you go into the Jordan challenges.

Old Apr. 2nd, '11, 6:21 am   #16
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,722
St. John's, NL

So I just tried starting Association mode...is there a way to turn off the Player Lock? If not, I'm not very impressed with that.

#proudnewfie
Old Apr. 2nd, '11, 9:28 am   #17
IIx Omark xII
May 2009 2,001
Stony Mountain, Manitoba

yea its in the coaching options i believe. It took me awhile to figure it out too