XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Other sport topics

Old Jun. 12th, '14, 8:58 pm   #11
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,727
Boston

That's a good point Jim.

Sent from my Droid Com Module

Old Jun. 12th, '14, 10:55 pm   #12
TheBossCwC
Jaromir Jagr

Sep 2011 590
London, ON

England, there is only one Rooney. Germany if my fav to win. Yes Germany not deutchshit

KCCO

Old Jun. 13th, '14, 5:02 am   #13
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,763
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

I walked down to the pub to eat dinner and watch this game. Croatia seemed to have good momentum going and that PK all but sealed it. Was a total bs call. I also believe the no-goal call was bs too, when they said he interfered with the goalie. I feel they were both going for the ball and the Croatian player was in no was intentionally trying to make contact with the goalie. Just a poorly reffed game.
Old Jun. 13th, '14, 8:57 am   #14
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,174
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Thanks, Asian mafia!

(I just read a report on how badly gangs from Asia work to influence major soccer results. Apparently the gambling market in Asia is worth hundreds of billions a year.)

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 13th, '14, 10:42 am   #15
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Yeah, that call was terrible. It wasn't the worst flop I've seen, it was partially him leaning against the defender and the defender moving so he lost balance. It just never ceases to amaze me that the referees can't tell the difference. I'd much rather see a foul go unpunished than give away penalties that shouldn't be given.

As for punishment for diving, I'd like to see more yellows given too but that call wasn't one I'd give a card for. There was contact, as little of it as there was. A simple no call for me and I'm a guy who'd like to see guys suspended for flopping.
Old Jun. 13th, '14, 1:56 pm   #16
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

Now that was the game that should have led off the tournament. Great game by Mexico and Cameroon.
Old Jun. 13th, '14, 3:00 pm   #17
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,727
Boston

How'd you like that first disallowed goal? Good match indeed, ready for Spain and Netherlands!

Old Jun. 13th, '14, 3:36 pm   #18
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,280
Toronto

another horrible call for a PK! Use technology boys and allow coach challenges with instant replay.

Old Jun. 13th, '14, 3:40 pm   #19
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
How'd you like that first disallowed goal? Good match indeed, ready for Spain and Netherlands!

To be honest, I didn't see the first half hour or so. I went back and watched the highlights and the second disallowed goal was bad. The first was really close when you freeze it and look at it and the 2nd, unless that one Mexican player touched it which I don't think he did, he can't be offside on a corner if he's the first on his team to touch it. So that one was a little mind boggling unless the official thought the first Mexican touched it before Dos Santos.
Old Jun. 13th, '14, 3:46 pm   #20
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

Sick goal by RVP!