XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Other sport topics

Old Feb. 19th, '14, 5:43 pm   #1
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99
Default Champions League

Anyone watching the UEFA Champions League? England's not off to a hot start but then again, they were playing Bayern and Barca. With ManU's problems as of late, they might not even make it past Olympiacos. Chelsea should be alright against Galatasaray cause they're playing well and might end up being the only English team left. Not that I cheer for English teams, just following the Premier League for years, I've noticed how decidedly not good they are vs other leagues. I'm a Newcastle fan so I don't particularly care about any team left in the tournament but I guess I'm pulling for PSG since Cabaye got sent there. That and Ibra's a beast! Being in Germany for last year's finals makes me want to cheer for Bayern a bit but I'd like to see things mixed up a bit and someone other than Barca, Bayern or Madrid win it.
Old Feb. 19th, '14, 9:31 pm   #2
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,110
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

I'm watching the premiere league and everton again sitting above average...lol. They thought about top four...lol

Old Feb. 20th, '14, 3:40 pm   #3
Revelations
Banned
Jun 2013 648
Pittsburgh, PA

abosolutely! Mant Utd vs Olympiakos.
[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/24wu541.jpg[/IMG]
Old Mar. 18th, '14, 5:40 pm   #4
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

Man U better step up their game tomorrow if they're going to win by more than 2 tomorrow vs Olympiakos at home. The Quarters are basically set now that Chelsea and Real Madrid punched their tickets today. Here's the field advancing on:

Barcelona
Atletico Madrid
Real Madrid
Paris Saint-Germain
Bayern Munich
Chelsea

With Borussia Dortmund up 2-0 on Zenit St Petersburg going home for the 2nd leg looking to go through. Man United are down 2-0 needing a great effort to topple Olympiakos and move on. And with the way they've been playing recently, they're going to need a bit of luck to pull it off. Smalling and Evans are injured and Mata can't play since he's already played for Chelsea in the tournament. Should be the more enticing game of the day tomorrow.
Old Mar. 18th, '14, 5:53 pm   #5
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,279
Toronto

Go Bayern Munich! (yes, I am German)

Old Mar. 19th, '14, 4:58 pm   #6
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

RVP trying to single handedly move Man U on. A hat trick just into the 2nd half. One goal from Olympiakos puts them through though. United can't let up now.

Edit: And for his troubles, RVP gets carried off on a stretcher but Man U pull off the upset!

Edit 2: So there we have it, 3 Spanish teams, 2 German, 2 English and 1 French team on to the quarters.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Mar. 19th, '14 at 5:39 pm.
Old Mar. 19th, '14, 5:55 pm   #7
Blaklash

Jan 2012 1,268

As much as I dislike United and have enjoyed watching them struggle this season, (and tease Rev for it) that performance by RVP was vintage. Now that said, they really shouldn't have that much trouble with Olympiakos in the first place

I don't believe that they'll get any further, but I give them credit for getting past Olympiakos when it looked like they were cooked. Maybe they can turn this into some momentum to finish out strong in the Premier League. I think that would go a long way in helping Moyes' job security after this rough season, and then make some decent pickups in the offseason.

Old Mar. 19th, '14, 6:22 pm   #8
Revelations
Banned
Jun 2013 648
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Blaklash View Post
As much as I dislike United and have enjoyed watching them struggle this season, (and tease Rev for it) that performance by RVP was vintage. Now that said, they really shouldn't have that much trouble with Olympiakos in the first place

I don't believe that they'll get any further, but I give them credit for getting past Olympiakos when it looked like they were cooked. Maybe they can turn this into some momentum to finish out strong in the Premier League. I think that would go a long way in helping Moyes' job security after this rough season, and then make some decent pickups in the offseason.
Uh huh.. No credit to De Gea?! We'll see friend. WE WILL SEE.
Old Mar. 20th, '14, 2:00 pm   #9
Revelations
Banned
Jun 2013 648
Pittsburgh, PA

BTW BlaK.. You can't just say they shouldn't have had much trouble with Olympiacos in the first place? They're a good team. De Gea and company did great by not letting them score and they had quite a few chances. This game could have easily been theirs. But hey.. Fans of Arsenal, Chelsea(This means you Marcus Moore), Man City and Liverpool. HAHA poor Liverpool, you guys are celebrating that 3-0 win. Go ahead because the only thing I can think about is.. 1990? Yeah, that's the last time Liverpool won the League.. Manchester United? Last year and they won the League 13 times out of the last 20 seasons. But, all said and done here is this just for your pleasure.. The Robin Van Persie HAT-TRICK!

Last edited by Revelations; Mar. 20th, '14 at 2:18 pm.
Old Mar. 20th, '14, 4:34 pm   #10
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR

Chelsea pulled it off, winning the Champions League when that was their only way of qualifying for it the next season. Now we get to see if Man U can do the same thing.