XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Other sport topics

Old Apr. 9th, '13, 1:03 am   #1
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME
Default 4/8/13 Monday Night Raw

So.....anyone who's seen it I'm sure won't forget it. Without posting any spoilers I'll just say, how about that crowd?
Old Apr. 9th, '13, 2:10 am   #2
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,172
Winnipeg, Manitoba

That was an incredibly awful episode that the crowd - the freaking CROWD, the people who DON'T get paid to entertain - salvaged for the television audience. The only spot on the show I legitimately enjoyed was the whole Swagger/Del Rio/Ziggler thing.

...and did I seriously hear a "Sexual Chocolate" chant?

Last edited by muscleyarms83; Apr. 9th, '13 at 2:16 am.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Apr. 9th, '13, 3:19 am   #3
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,686
Pittsburgh, PA

What happened? Haha, just got done on a bored night that usually results in watching various wrestling things I've missed as I've stopped watching.

Old Apr. 9th, '13, 7:10 am   #4
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,562
Canada

Last nights crowd was awesome, from chanting sexual chocolate to that crazy pop when zigglers music hit and he won it. Even though bodgett ruined it for me :ROFL: , I still got excited cause of the crowd. Also the crowd singing to Fandango's music was awesome
Old Apr. 9th, '13, 9:20 am   #5
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,172
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Yeah its like 16, 000 peopleball decided at once that they were gonna have fun no matter how shitty the product was lol.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Apr. 9th, '13, 9:44 am   #6
Novicain13
XBS Lumbus

Sep 2011 859
Buffalo
Send a message via MSN to Novicain13 Send a message via AIM to Novicain13

The raw was good, the crowd helped it
Old Apr. 9th, '13, 12:36 pm   #7
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,172
Winnipeg, Manitoba

At times it was pretty bad. Its very clear that the fan base is tired of Cena. Outside of children and single moms, that is. It would be useful to have CM Punk do an about face and have Cena as a prime heel at this point. Punk is starting to grow on me and I've never liked Mr fruity pebbles in the first place. And to push Skip Sheffield right now after like what, 20 consecutive losses (feed me more!) Is boring. I sincerely hope that one day soon we get a Punk/Austin feud as well but I'm not holding my breath.

The positives I take from the show: Alberto Del Rio is starting to grow on me and Ricardo Rodriguez is the most lovable "little buddy" type character since Hornswoggle. Love hearing the crowd welcome Del Rio along with Rodriguez.

Fandango is starting to win me over more with his flashy entrance but mostly with that awesome post-beatdown correction of how to pronounce his name. That was hilarious.

Santino Marela is the best buffoon character I've seen in forever. In his case he needs to be kept as a sideshow though because too much exposure would kill my enjoyment.

Miz and Wade Barrett could be doing more.

Team Rhodes Scholars makes me change the channel.

There are a LOT of guys on the roster that WWE clearly does not know what to do with. At this point I feel bad for Kofi Kingston.

Old Apr. 9th, '13, 12:48 pm   #8
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,562
Canada

The crowd chanting Fandango's music, awesome!

Kofi sucks, its Cesaro you should feel bad for...he was left off Wrestlemania when I think he's a top 5 in ring performer.
Old Apr. 13th, '13, 11:05 am   #9
Tony Amonte
Mark Rechhi Fan Club

Jul 2008 7,050
Not in Kamloops
Send a message via MSN to Tony Amonte

The Fandango shit is so out of control. My friend and I were drunk at our hotel playing his music over and over again for no reason whatsoever, and this was before the crowd starting chanting it. Quite possibly the catchiest theme song of all time. Oh and by the way it is number 2 on itunes this week.....that's insane.

Cesaro out of mania was a joke. CM Punk was signing autographs at Wrestlemania Axxess this past weekend in his red Antonio Cesaro T-shirt. I feel like it was a show of support for the guy.
Old Apr. 13th, '13, 4:02 pm   #10
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Amonte View Post
The Fandango shit is so out of control. My friend and I were drunk at our hotel playing his music over and over again for no reason whatsoever, and this was before the crowd starting chanting it. Quite possibly the catchiest theme song of all time. Oh and by the way it is number 2 on itunes this week.....that's insane.

Cesaro out of mania was a joke. CM Punk was signing autographs at Wrestlemania Axxess this past weekend in his red Antonio Cesaro T-shirt. I feel like it was a show of support for the guy.

It has become a thing.