Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Basketball

Old Mar. 8th, '11, 12:24 pm   #1
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo
Default A night of compassion, community...

A really decent, touching read. Read the original story about the player's passing and it was sad. This story is a follow-up and is just a good story about sports

http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/st...of-wes-leonard
Old Mar. 8th, '11, 12:54 pm   #2
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

yeah i heard about this when it happened, its pretty sad!!

Old Mar. 8th, '11, 12:56 pm   #3
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

It was great for that other school to donate all they did (buses, man hours, etc.) so this team could have bigger attendance.

Just nice to hear these types of stories that result from a tragedy. I thought the article was well-written.
Old Mar. 18th, '11, 1:44 pm   #4
Jordan9289
Pure Garbage
Jan 2009 843
403 Calgary, Ab

this was heartbreaking...reading this reminds me of why sports is so powerful and moving. sports unites people. it brings people togeather. it gives people hope and something to look forward to even if its just for that moment in that day. the reason all of us log on to this site every day. its forgotten way to much now a days but every once ina while theres a story like this that will humble you and bring you back to your roots. if this story doesnt remind you why you love sports then ur heartless. Compete, respect, enjoy.
Old Mar. 19th, '11, 2:28 am   #5
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

They finally lost in the Semis (I think). The article about their loss was a good one as well, but it was mostly the comments. Something about how they'll need more support now that the season is over and reality has a chance to set in. Most of the comments were saying how these boys have learned lessons that reach far beyond sports and all of that. The team they lost to was also undefeated. ESPN was covering the game but not sure how much of that will air if any at all. Some say the coverage leading up to the game could've affected them, others say they just faced a better team.

Either way, even the dream run ending was positive