Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Basketball

Old Feb. 8th, '16, 7:17 pm   #1
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,297
Toronto
2k NBA 2K Let's Play!

I used to play NBA 2K a lot. Like every year until 12 when I stopped and focused more on Madden.

Santa brought my son a copy of 2K16 for Christmas and I started playing it again. I've been impressed with the game and the online features are unbelievably fun! I've enjoyed playing it so much that I've decided to officially scrap my Madden purchases in the future and switch over to NBA 2K as the yearly purchase.

If you haven't tried the game yet (and especially play with XBS friends online), I'd highly recommend it. It's even surpassed NHL as the ultimate online team game with all the various modes you can use, at least I think so. I hope next year they bring in a 5v5 online league mode instead of just the Pro Am mode. I've found it much more "fun" than playing NHL the last couple years.

Anyways, long story short, let's use this thread to let guys know who's playing online and when.

I'm online and playing this on a near nightly basis. There are also a few guys from the site who are also on regularly. We mainly play the My Park mode where it's 3v3 street ball......so much fun and so many laughs!

If anyone does have it or get it and wants to join us, we play on the Rivet City Roughriders team (you have to select 1 of the 3 teams when you play online). Once you load up the My Park, then hit start, scroll down to play with friends and then join on the friend. See you guys on the court (right now our court is on top of a sky scraper)

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Feb. 8th, '16 at 7:32 pm.

Old Feb. 8th, '16, 7:22 pm   #2
allthway
Master
May 2014 748

Is there a "team mode"? I know you said team play game, but is it like NHL as far as 5 humans?

Hello
Old Feb. 8th, '16, 7:29 pm   #3
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,297
Toronto

Yeah, there's a 5v5 Pro Am mode.....but it's not structured like the EASHL....yet. I'm hoping next year that will be included.

Most of the time we're playing 3v3 though. It's more laid back and has way more laughs.

Old Feb. 8th, '16, 8:58 pm   #4
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,627
Canada

Scott.....I loved last years game....if I could top playing Ark I'd pick it up......probably will soon regardless.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Feb. 8th, '16, 11:15 pm   #5
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

I'll have to give this a go. Maybe a redbox rental!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Feb. 9th, '16, 10:22 am   #6
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

I've been having a blast with this game, definitely worth the time and money - it's a lot of fun!

Rip, one of my sons plays ARK (on the PC, since early development), and he just absolutely loves that game too - looks like a great game.

Old Feb. 9th, '16, 10:58 am   #7
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,297
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Winkle View Post
Scott.....I loved last years game....if I could top playing Ark I'd pick it up......probably will soon regardless.

Peace
Yeah, between you and my cousin and his fiance, you guys are always playing that game. Why does it say "game preview" in regards to the game?

Old Feb. 9th, '16, 12:33 pm   #8
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
Yeah, between you and my cousin and his fiance, you guys are always playing that game. Why does it say "game preview" in regards to the game?
Because the game has been, and continues to be, in development. If you're interested you pay and you get to play throughout development. The cool thing is that you get to experience it as it gets built, and gamer feedback is often taken into consideration. The not so cool thing is the bugs.

That said, Ark's been pretty stable these last few months, and now that they're on the console you know their build is stable, and they're just working on content and non-major mechanics. Theoretically.

Either way, the game's not "finished", hence the "preview" disclaimer.

Super common on Steam these last few years, starting to see it on consoles too.

Old Feb. 10th, '16, 2:22 pm   #9
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

I'll be back on dancing tomorrow night.
Old Feb. 10th, '16, 6:06 pm   #10
caseobeerz
Sep 2011 258

I just picked this game up at target for 40 dollars