Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Basketball

Old Mar. 24th, '11, 2:22 pm   #1
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,756
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50
Default Rent or Buy - NBA 2K11

I'm not a big fan of basketball games, but considering I'm a Bulls fan, and an MJ fan, I've recently been thinking about picking this up, but don't want to if I'm bored of it after a couple weeks. What would you suggest?

#proudnewfie
Old Mar. 24th, '11, 2:24 pm   #2
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

i would say that now you can probably pick it up pretty cheap and it would be worth the buy. MJ is all over the game.

Old Mar. 24th, '11, 2:28 pm   #3
Jordan9289
Pure Garbage
Jan 2009 843
403 Calgary, Ab

i have not bought a bball game scince 07 until this one, if you have patients and take the time to learn how 2 play this game is amazing.. the association mode is really good for me so far, and the my player mode was fun for a couple weeks. there is lots of little game modes to play as well. and the online is super fun, especilly if you have a group of guys and get a online league goin.... all in all IMO GET THIS GAME..if you get lemme know and ill inv u 2 a league.
Old Mar. 24th, '11, 3:28 pm   #4
IIx Omark xII
May 2009 2,001
Stony Mountain, Manitoba
Send a message via MSN to IIx Omark xII Send a message via AIM to IIx Omark xII Send a message via Skype™ to IIx Omark xII

Me and Violent were thinking about making a xbs team on therre if you decide to buy it
Old Mar. 24th, '11, 3:52 pm   #5
Tacosunday
Do You Want A Taco?
Nov 2010 142
Orange County
Send a message via MSN to Tacosunday Send a message via AIM to Tacosunday Send a message via Skype™ to Tacosunday

Great Buy just saying - Online still blows it being 2k but 1v1 online is good and offline is just absolutely amazing.
The question is do you want a Taco?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7HzYa1QhwU
Old Mar. 24th, '11, 4:00 pm   #6
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,756
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

Thanks for the insight guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones56 View Post
i would say that now you can probably pick it up pretty cheap and it would be worth the buy. MJ is all over the game.
It's 39.99 at EB Games when I checked today and I didn't see any used ones. I bought The Sims 3 for my girlfriend a while ago, but she doesn't like it, and since EB have that on their most wanted list, for some reason, at $35, I may win this deal with a $5 purchase of 2k11 tomorrow!

#proudnewfie
Old Apr. 1st, '11, 7:30 am   #7
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott50 View Post
I'm not a big fan of basketball games, but considering I'm a Bulls fan, and an MJ fan, I've recently been thinking about picking this up, but don't want to if I'm bored of it after a couple weeks. What would you suggest?

from all accounts this is the game that requires little thought on deciding what to do, buy buy buy!!

not like there is any competition

a "slam dunk" decision if you will

Last edited by Phoenix 2.0; Apr. 1st, '11 at 7:33 am.

Old Apr. 1st, '11, 8:15 am   #8
md1424
Jun 2008 1,217
Colorado
Send a message via MSN to md1424

Best Buy has this game for 29.99 this week.
Old Apr. 1st, '11, 8:41 am   #9
JKGuy16
Nov 2008 1,438
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via MSN to JKGuy16 Send a message via Skype™ to JKGuy16

2k badly needs to go back to making an NCAA basketball game using THIS engine. I've played this game for a few days and it is an incredible game. The downside for me is that I hate the NBA. I'd be all over an NCAA game from 2k again however.
Old Apr. 1st, '11, 9:46 am   #10
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,118
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

I got this game a while ago but after turning it on, found out there's no way to avoid being Jordan so I sent it back. Besides, I could find in the manual where the push off button was.