Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Dec. 8th, '18, 10:36 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
Delicate Butterfly

May 2011 2,388
Long Island, NY
Default XBS 3 Stars: Week 8

Okay, well this is my second time doing the Three Stars as I hit something on my keyboard that cleared out everything I had typed. This week selections were a little off the map. There were plenty of noteworthy performances from Nstj, allthway, Banks, and slick to name a few, but since they have all been mentioned before in the Three Stars I figured it was time to spread the love.

The Riddler3
Detroit Red Wings
[ Defense | 6gp | 1g | 4a | 5pts ] - [ Week Record | 5-1-0 ]

I have just one word to describe the week The Riddler3 had: dominant. In his 6 games roaming the back end he boasted a perfect D-rating of 100.0; yep your eyes are not deceiving you. And his impressive stat line didn't end there. His +7 was tied for tops in the league and his 5 points were good enough for second in the league. His best performance of the week was during a 2 - 1 victory versus yours truly and the Leafs when he nabbed the GWG in OT and was named the Second Star of the game. The Riddler3 has always been known as a solid presence on the blue line both defensively and offensively and this week was the perfect example of that.

Zaunbie
St. Louis Blues
[ Forward | 8gp | 8g | 7a | 15pts ] - [ Week Record | 6-1-1 ]

Zaunbie, like the rest of his teammates in St. Louis, definitely went out with a bang this week. Offensively, his 15 points only trailed teammate Banks but where he had no rival was in the physical aspect of the game. In his 8 games played, he tossed around opponents like rag dolls doling out 75 hits all while posting a +/- of +7. During one of his best performances of the season, a 4 - 3 victory over Detroit, he netted the hatty, including the GWG in OT, handed out 10 hits, and was named the First Star of the game with a rating of 177. Zaunbie was a force to be reckoned with this week both on the scoreboard and in the physical aspect of the game and he certainly caught my attention.

Man Handeled
Detroit Red Wings
[ Forward | 2gp | 0g | 2a | 2pts ] --- [ Defense | 2gp | 0g | 0a | 0pts ] --- [ Goalie | 2gp | 1.50gaa | .909% ] - [ Week Record | 3-2-1 ]

You might scratch your head a little bit at this selection but hear me out. Man Handeled did it all for the Wings this week, playing 2 games in between the pipes, 2 games on offense, and 2 games on defense where he put up respectable numbers in all three areas. Mr. Utility as I'm calling this week, who I didn't even know owned a pair of goalie pads, led all netminders with a .909 Save Percentage and had a GAA of 1.50 that was tied with the likes of slickeee and allthway. As a forward, he chipped in 2 points while going undefeated and as a defenseman he posted a D-Rating of 90.0. Man Handeled did it all for the Wings this week and heading into the playoffs he might prove to be quite a valuable piece to the Wings lineup.

Last edited by DustyRytStyk; Dec. 9th, '18 at 12:19 am.

Old Dec. 8th, '18, 11:36 pm   #2
LayNher
Recruiting Coordinator

Mar 2016 438
Florida

Good work Dusty. Congrats all.

Old Dec. 9th, '18, 1:18 am   #3
Whiplash444
You Can't Do That!

Dec 2012 665
Long Island,New York

Congrats Guys,Good Job Dusty