Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Dec. 2nd, '18, 8:17 pm   #1
DustyRytStyk
Delicate Butterfly

May 2011 2,353
Long Island, NY
Default XBS 3 Stars: Week 7 - Hawks Steal The Show

Hey boys...I will be taking over the Three Star duties for the remainder of the season. Sorry this weeks edition is so late but I finally got the time to do it. I'm glad to see that this weeks selections are new to the three stars. And while there were plenty of great performances this week, these three selections stood out to me most. So Enjoy!

IamTheBlade
Chicago Blackhawks
[ Defense | 2gp | 0g | 3a | 3pts ] --- [ Goalie | 4gp | 1.25gaa | .904% ] - [ Week Record | 5-1-0 ]

Despite only playing 4 games in net, Blade's numbers were just too damn good to ignore. Allowing only 5 goals in 4 games played translated into a GAA of 1.25 and Save % of .904, both mind boggling numbers and both tops in the league. His best game of Week 7 was a First Star performance against St. Louis when he turned aside all 17 of the Blues shots on his way to a shutout. It's a scary thought to realize that Blade along with Laynher both man the pipes for Chicago. With that tandem, and the way Blade is playing lately, taking down the Hawks will not be an easy task as we head into the playoffs. The rookie is hitting his stride at just the right time so consider yourselves warned.

Thamps
Chicago Blackhawks
[ Forward | 8gp | 11g | 11a | 22pts ] - [ Week Record | 6-2-0 ]

Thamps has always been one of the more potent scoring forwards here at XBS and this week his skills were on full display. Putting up a cool 22 points in 8 games, 11 of which were assists, he led the league in scoring. His +/- (+8) was first among all forwards and his 6 - 2 record just shows how valuable he is to the Hawks. Throughout the week, he was a steady presence on the three stars of the game but saved his best performance for last. In a 6 - 4 victory over Pittsburgh to end the week, he was red hot, posting 6 points, 5 of which were helpers, and was named the First Star with a 156 rating. Consider me impressed.

CULP3R
Chicago Blackhawks
[ Defense | 6gp | 0g | 3a | 3pts ] - [ Week Record | 5-1-0 ]

In my round mock draft weeks ago, I pegged CULP3R as someone who might be drafted in the first round. Well lo and behold he was, and he certainly played like a first round selection this week. His offensive stats don't jump off the page, but Laynher didn't draft him to light the lamp. He was drafted to provide stability on the blue line and this week CULP3R did it admirably. His D-Rating of 94.7 and his 45 hits were both top 5 in the league and his +6 was second to only teammate OSB. Most surprisingly, despite his 45 hits, he didn't log a single penalty minute showing he plays the game hard and clean. He finished the week with a 5 - 1 record and he if continues at this pace, keep your head up as you cross that blue line.

Last edited by DustyRytStyk; Dec. 3rd, '18 at 4:09 pm.

Old Dec. 2nd, '18, 8:24 pm   #2
Thinblue1291
It's Leon Time..
Sep 2018 109
Venice, FL

Way to rep Chicago

Old Dec. 2nd, '18, 8:38 pm   #3
LayNher
Recruiting Coordinator

Mar 2016 394
Florida

Good work. Congrats to all! Good luck in our final week.

Old Dec. 3rd, '18, 12:39 am   #4
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,406
Toronto

Congrats guys and thanks for doing that Dusty.

Old Dec. 3rd, '18, 6:37 am   #5
Whiplash444
You Can't Do That!

Dec 2012 629
Long Island,New York

Congrats guys,Good stuff Dusty

Old Dec. 3rd, '18, 10:29 am   #6
CULP3R

Sep 2018 60
Ohio

Do what? I went in the 1st round, I remind Vibe about that -AT MOST- nightly.

Way to step up for the league Mike, greatly appreciated

Old Dec. 3rd, '18, 10:30 am   #7
CULP3R

Sep 2018 60
Ohio

Okay maybe I bring it up per game that he was a 2nd round pick. Maybe during each intermission depending how the game is going

Old Dec. 3rd, '18, 1:06 pm   #8
DustyRytStyk
Delicate Butterfly

May 2011 2,353
Long Island, NY

Holy crap Culper my bad man. You were indeed a first round pick. Well it should be edited to say he’s playing like the first round pick I hyped him up to be lol. Sorry again.

Old Dec. 3rd, '18, 1:09 pm   #9
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,724
Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks Mike! Congrats winners!

Old Dec. 3rd, '18, 4:24 pm   #10
CULP3R

Sep 2018 60
Ohio

Haha no apologies - any chance to remind Vibe is appreciated