Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > RPG's

Old May. 15th, '15, 7:03 am   #11
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,679
Boston

Yeah, I just made amends to a buddy I hadn't seen in almost 15 years. At the time I'd borrowed a game from him and never returned it. When we reconnected on Facebook last week I ended up sending him a Playstation Network code. He bought CARS with it. I don't see that title not ending up in my collection in the very near future. Birthday and father's day coming up in about a month.
Old May. 16th, '15, 8:28 am   #12
Walbeb
Jun 2012 802
Wallingford, CT.

Man I tried playing the second one and couldn't get into it. I may buy into the hype again and pick up the 3rd one, hopefully I enjoy it more this time around.
Old May. 16th, '15, 8:57 am   #13
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

I decided against it. I'm more of a fan of the Bioware games where you make your own choices

Old May. 18th, '15, 12:02 pm   #14
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,119
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
I still haven't played the most recent Dragon Age, or Shadow of Mordor (my oldest son has and has played both), so they're on the list as well. I've also signed up to transfer my Elder Scrolls online to the console in June, so I'm well behind on my gaming. One of the several potential upsides of New England winters is more game time. It's hard to justify sitting in front of a screen all day when it's nice out in January.

That said, I'm going home to visit my wife and kids in California next week, so I should have a chance to spend some time with The Witcher III.

Whenever that happens to me, I just play the older games first and work my way to most recent ones. Saves you some money cause you can get the newer ones when they go on sale. Just finished Mordor not too long ago and DA was awesome. Both games would be fine to go with instead of Witcher unless you're a big fanboy of the series.
Old May. 18th, '15, 1:54 pm   #15
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,679
Boston

I hear ya, and I try to follow a similar pattern to save some money. That said, my oldest son already has DA and SoM, so it's kinda moot. I'll get around to putting his scores to shame soon enough. He's in for a shock when he sees that every single one of his Guitar Hero top scores has been absolutely obliterated during my solo stay in Cambridge while we do the whole transition/move thing.

I think it might be time to pick up another guitar so we can duel, or play guitar/bass and have some fun. I know my middle boy would want to get the drums to go with it too. Though in all honesty, I'd prefer if they stick with their real music lessons, which they seem to prefer as well.
Old May. 18th, '15, 4:03 pm   #16
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,119
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Rocksmith is sweet. I haven't played Guitar Hero since.
Old May. 19th, '15, 10:54 am   #17
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,599
Pittsburgh, PA

Played for about 4 hrs or so, so far since it unlocked on Steam yesterday. Never played the first two, but this one is really cool. Lots of neat little details, like certain trophy kills mounted on your horses saddles, and stuff. Also the preparation before hunts is a neat feature, rather than just going in, hacking and slashing.

Took me 6+ tries to kill one of the early monsters, first time I actually felt happy and relief killing something in a game in a long time haha.

The world is great as well. With the way the wind, weather, clouds, wildlife, etc. interact really immerses you. I sound like I'm marketing for them probably, but this is the only AAA title I purchased in about a years time, and I'm glad I did so far!
Old May. 20th, '15, 8:56 am   #18
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,679
Boston

Looking forward to playing this today!
Old May. 29th, '15, 2:51 pm   #19
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,112
Toronto

This was pretty funny.

Old May. 29th, '15, 3:42 pm   #20
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,152
Long Island, NY

Haha that was funny. Thanks for posting that Scott.